So apparently, we can get justice in America too.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
great. the girl has my major respect. that's how you deal with bullies.

but to be honest im tired of hearing about it heh. oh and the "kink" yeah the fucktard that dropped out when he found out it was her? then he got in again when she became "popular" yeah fuck him too.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
I dont understand what happened. Can someone explain to me why anyone should care?

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
What? Somebody dropped out? WTF is a kink? She got a makeover from a hairstylist?

The only thing about this story that I understand is the girl being nominated as a joke.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
I dont understand what happened. Can someone explain to me why anyone should care?

Her "classmates" thought it great to nominate a girl too poor to afford to dress up properly as prom Queen. Some joke right? What part do you not understand?

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012

The kids at school voted for her to be on the homecoming court as a prank (because she was poor and unattractive). When she made it because of them...somehow this silly story made national headlines.

She said she felt "suicidal" and "like trash" because of what they did.

You shouldn't care because this is really a non-story. CNN must have been bored today.

Good for her for making homecoming queen, good for the "bullies" for giving her an opportunity she would have never had otherwise.

Harrod

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2010
Back in high school I used to work on the yearbook and some of the school papers, I remember in one class someone was discussing who to vote for as most attractive or something, and my classmates kept saying that they were going to vote for some jock.

I convinced them that in 20 years they are going to be kicking themselves for voting for one of an assortment of jackasses in the class. I got them to vote towards some of the nicest people in the class instead. I always considered this kindof a prank at getting back at the kids who were voted over and over for stuff who in all reality were the bullies.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Back in high school I used to work on the yearbook and some of the school papers, I remember in one class someone was discussing who to vote for as most attractive or something, and my classmates kept saying that they were going to vote for some jock.

I convinced them that in 20 years they are going to be kicking themselves for voting for one of an assortment of jackasses in the class. I got them to vote towards some of the nicest people in the class instead. I always considered this kindof a prank at getting back at the kids who were voted over and over for stuff who in all reality were the bullies.

We need to keep some space in our hearts for bullies because they are what they are because they were deeply damaged as children and made to feel inferior, with all the meanness and violence that produces. They are assholes but they were made to be that way and they can be cured sometimes by life events.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Or guns. It didn't require any firearms. Imagine that.

Firearms arent for justice. They are for personal protection.
Justice comes from working to make the world a better place. And this girls life was clearly improved, if only a small amount.

zephyrprime

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
You shouldn't care because this is really a non-story. CNN must have been bored today.

Good for her for making homecoming queen, good for the "bullies" for giving her an opportunity she would have never had otherwise.
It's a human interest story. Normal people love this sort of stuff. P&N consists entirely of abnormal people who would rather discuss Islam and the great injustice of taxation.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999

MrColin

Platinum Member
May 21, 2003
Her "classmates" thought it great to nominate a girl too poor to afford to dress up properly as prom Queen. Some joke right? What part do you not understand?
Ahh, that wasn't in the article. I was holding out for the part with all of the pigs' blood and she massacres everybody.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
It's a human interest story. Normal people love this sort of stuff. P&N consists entirely of abnormal people who would rather discuss Islam and the great injustice of taxation.

We read enough about bullies in the news. Does CNN really need to post a story about a successful prank? Its a non-story. Cinderella's step sisters bullied her and she became a princess, do you think you would care if that was in the news?

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
I read an earlier version of the story and I thought that football dude who dropped out and crawled back when the winds direction changed really sounded like a pathetic coward.