So a friend of mine is opening a pawn shop and gun store

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Originally posted by: BreastInspector
Originally posted by: Crono
Originally posted by: Crusty
Originally posted by: nick1985
LF Work

PST

....what does this mean?

Looking for work.
Please send tell.

WWYBYWB?

Ok you told me what it stands for but what the hell does all this mean? I have no idea what you kids on the internets are talkin bout nowadays

Who Were You Before You Were Banned?

Gobadgrs

I was unaware that I had a twin. Since I can seem to post, it would also seem that I'm not banned either, although I expect you to be shortly.

keird

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Gobadgrs
LF Work

PST

....what does this mean?

Looking for work.
Please send tell.

WWYBYWB?

Ok you told me what it stands for but what the hell does all this mean? I have no idea what you kids on the internets are talkin bout nowadays

Gobadgrs

I was unaware that I had a twin. Since I can seem to post, it would also seem that I'm not banned either, although I expect you to be shortly.

This ought to be good...

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
If you're in MD, and can pay at least $20 per hour, I'm your man. I can fix up the junk computers that come in, and I have good general familiarity with everything from tools to musical instruments :^)

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Originally posted by: keird
LF Work

PST

....what does this mean?

Looking for work.
Please send tell.

WWYBYWB?

Gobadgrs

This ought to be good...

What're you doing!? Shoot HIM! He's the clone!

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Originally posted by: lxskllr
If you're in MD, and can pay at least $20 per hour, I'm your man. I can fix up the junk computers that come in, and I have good general familiarity with everything from tools to musical instruments :^)

User Profiles FTL.

MotionMan

oogabooga

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2003
One person wrote under awards and Accomplishments: Most improved freshman band member.

Sounds like the most qualified of the bunch ;)

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
I was a busniess owner for over a decade until I sold out and retired.

I can tell you if I didn't have any ethics I could have started a website with hilarious applications and resumes and made bank on it.

It's that sad, folks.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Amused

I can tell you if I didn't have any ethics I could have started a website with hilarious applications and resumes and made bank on it.

It's that sad, folks.

Redact the names, put a clause in your application that says you can publish these.

xeemzor

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2005

It's that sad, folks.

The handwritten resume.

Slew Foot

Lifer
Sep 22, 2005
I honestly believe that a good 5-10% of the population isnt employable in any sense.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Slew Foot
I honestly believe that a good 5-10% of the population isnt employable in any sense.

For the longest time I held the notion that there was no such thing as a stupid person, only uneducated. After 5 years of trying to train people to perform the simplest tasks, I realized how wrong I was :^D

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Originally posted by: lxskllr

For the longest time I held the notion that there was no such thing as a stupid person, only uneducated. After 5 years of trying to train people to perform the simplest tasks, I realized how wrong I was :^D

I have to deal with some of the dumbest people society has to offer. Sometimes, when they say things, I can do nothing but just look blankly at them for fear of laughing or crying in their face.

MotionMan

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005

5-10% of the entire population or 5-10% of the population that actually tries to get a job?

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
LF Work

PST

....what does this mean?

Looking for work.
Please send tell.

WWYBYWB?

Gobadgrs

Twin? I think you mean clone.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Originally posted by: JS80

5-10% of the entire population or 5-10% of the population that actually tries to get a job?

Both.

;)

MotionMan

BreastInspector

Aug 15, 2009
a few more notables

One priest
One resume entirely in 36 point font
One person who sent in his resume 5 times (once a day for five days)

xeemzor

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2005
Originally posted by: GodlessAstronomer
Originally posted by: xeemzor

It's that sad, folks.

The handwritten resume.

LOL!

After doing some digging, it seems someone already created a website of terrible resumes already.