Sneak Peak at GU42

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Soviet
Lol, from the posts here i gather EQ2 isnt considered popular :p

From the posts I gather that ja484 is a jerk who rains on others' parades, trying to build himself up by putting others down.

Sunnyd:
[qDidn't say I didn't like it - I just said it's not worth paying monthly for. Of course neither is WoW. [/quote]

10 million WoW subscribers disagree with you. Why do you think the message board readers care that you don't like it enough to pay?

I don't care to pay for V8, I think it's a crap drink. That doesn't mean I should go to the V8 message board if there is one and post that.

Unless someone claims EVERYONE thinks it's worth paying for. Then you can get out your keyboard and correct them.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
If you want an online game with a mature crowd try wwII online.
I warn you though its very realisitic and while not a true mmorpg , its somewhat like one.
The realistic tone of the game tends to keep the less mature away.

Things like , you may start in a small town as infantry.
You travel to the front lines looking for a fight.
Takes about 20 minutes for you to cover the terrain.
You get there, make a wrong move, and are shot by the enemy.

You get to do that whole 20 minute run all over again !
Its terrain is real sized and battles progress about like they would in a real war.
It can take a week real time sometimes to gain a town, only to lose it next week.

Its a great game and a frustrating one at the same time.
http://www.wwiionline.com/scri...online/be_features.jsp