Snake? SNAKE?!!

venkman

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2007
Link

Prisoner escapes jail in cardboard box
One of France's highest-profile prisoners escaped from jail on Wednesday by packing himself into a cardboard box.

By Henry Samuel in Paris
Published: 6:07PM BST 09 Sep 2009

Embarrassed officials were at a loss to explain how Jean-Pierre Treiber, 45, a double murder suspect, managed to elude detection in the box he had built himself at a workshop in the high security prison of Auxerre, Burgundy.

With its hidden human cargo, the box was loaded with dozens of others onto a lorry for delivery to the Yonne region, southeast of Paris.

During the 100-mile journey, he broke free and leapt from the lorry. The driver only realised there was a problem once he had reached his destination, when he spotted a hole in the tarpaulin covering the boxes, some of which were flattened.

Police have sealed off roads and a huge area of woodland in the hunt for Treiber using helicopters and sniffer dogs.

Treiber has been in prison awaiting trial since 2004, charged with murdering French actor Roland Giraud's daughter Geraldine, and her friend Katia Lherbier.

He is due to stand trial early next year in a case that shocked France.

Treiber is believed to have sneaked inside a cardboard box at 10.30am on Tuesday while he was left alone in a prisoner's workshop.

He had earlier told guards that he had an afternoon meeting with his parole officer ? and nobody noticed his absence until later that evening, giving him seven hours to make good his escape.

Roland Giraud, 67, one of France's best-known actors, said Treiber's escape was an "avowal" that he had murdered his daughter.

The bodies of Geraldine Giraud, 36, and Katia Lherbier, 32, were both found dumped in a well on Treiber's property in Villeneuve-sur-Yonne, near Paris.

They had been strangled.

But Treiber's lawyer, Eric Dupond-Moretti, said his escape proved nothing.

"One can either say he's guilty and that this is proof of his guilt... or one can say he's desperate, that he no longer has faith in the justice system because he's pleaded his innocence for so long and hasn't been heard."

Treiber has always denied the murders despite having used the victims' credit cards to withdraw cash. When he was arrested and the first body discovered, his cryptic reaction was: "He bumped her off."

Mystery still surrounds unknown DNA that does not match Treiber's on adhesive tape used to gag the girls' mouths.

Police admitted they had a tough task finding Treiber, a former forest warden, who knows the Othe woods 20 miles north of Auxerre like the back of his hand. "We're searching the places where he used to hunt," said a policeman. "But he might well have fled further afield".

French security fail

Arcadio

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2007
Oh... I thought this was going to be a link to badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger SNAAAAAKE!!!!

I was ready to waste 15 minutes staring at it....

EDIT: Thanks bobross419. Reps.

Q

Lifer
Jul 21, 2005
That's pretty hilarious actually, besides the fact he's a murderer.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I am sick and tired of these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane!

Have no clue what this article has to do with snakes, but just figured I'd say that anyway.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Originally posted by: RedSquirrel
I am sick and tired of these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane!

Have no clue what this article has to do with snakes, but just figured I'd say that anyway.

Metal Gear Snake often hides in boxes on trucks to go to different areas in the game. The title is from later games when they call over the radio when you die.

SonicIce

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Arcadio
Oh... I thought this was going to be a link to badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger SNAAAAAKE!!!!

thought so too :p

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001
Originally posted by: Arcadio

It goes 16 minutes before going snake. Better start over.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: skace
Holy damn, he executed that escape plan like it was from a movie.

it soon shall be perhaps? :)

edit:
maybe not, other than the actual means of escape, the story would be too similar to Shawshank Redemption. And well, any movie that copies Shawshank Redemption, I will refuse to see. That movie is too good to see imitated poorly.

Yukmouth

Aug 1, 2008
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
Why has it been 5 years since being arrested and not had a court hearing/Jury yet?

You know what they say, guilty until *proven* innocent; conflicting evidence in this case.

They likely would have kept him until they could convict of the crime, or let him go after he served the minimum amount of time associated with the crime.

Court systems are f*cked up these days, if you have money you can get away with murder.