***Smoking gun found, some gas agents via MSNBC***

adlep

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2001
They have found some gas agents in the Eupharates river!
Just getting the details right now!

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
CNN had an article stating some Tabun, which is apparently very lethal, was found at a site that appeared to be a training facility for WMD use.

AAjax

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2001
I would wait till its official before I got too exited. That said its just a matter of time till they find Sadams secret stash...

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: conjur
CNN had an article stating some Tabun, which is apparently very lethal, was found at a site that appeared to be a training facility for WMD use.

At today's CENTCOM briefing, Gen. Brooks mentioned that the amount was small enough to be considered a "sample", and thus the fact that the training facility was much less of a concern than an operational facility.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Like it matters if we find the WMD or not, Saddam detailed much of his program in a report to the UN, and people STILL DON"T BELIEVE HE HAS THEM, even though he himself has provided the evidence in public documents...

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
MSNBC Has "confirmed" terror toxins!

<snip>
The thick rubber boot twice tested positive for ricin, a toxin derived from castor beans. Ingesting a pinch of ricin, which causes shock and respiratory failure, can kill a human being within 72 hours. There is no cure.
<snip>
[/quote]

That's separate from the coalition going after Saddam's regime but goes to show Iraq was and is supporting terrorists, esp. Al Qaeda.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: conjur
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
MSNBC Has "confirmed" terror toxins!

<snip>
The thick rubber boot twice tested positive for ricin, a toxin derived from castor beans. Ingesting a pinch of ricin, which causes shock and respiratory failure, can kill a human being within 72 hours. There is no cure.
<snip>

That's separate from the coalition going after Saddam's regime but goes to show Iraq was and is supporting terrorists, esp. Al Qaeda.[/quote]

any way to determine if this is from the same batch of Ricin found in France?

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Alistar7

any way to determine if this is from the same batch of Ricin found in France?
Probably so but I'll be danged if I know how to do it ;)

justint

Banned
Dec 6, 1999
Be advised this camp is formerly the domain of Ansar Al Islam a militant Islamic group operating in the Northern region of Iraq controlled by the Kurds, not the Iraqi government.

LH

Golden Member
Feb 16, 2002
Ansar Al Islam a militant Islamic group operating in the Northern region of Iraq controlled by the Kurds, not the Iraqi government.

Yes however Ansar Al Islam has been fighting the kurds for the past year and a half, and are said to have a relationship with the Hussien Regime.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: LH
Ansar Al Islam a militant Islamic group operating in the Northern region of Iraq controlled by the Kurds, not the Iraqi government.

Yes however Ansar Al Islam has been fighting the kurds for the past year and a half, and are said to have a relationship with the Hussien Regime.

they dont want to admit that, or that this has been there far longer than the no fly zone, when Saddam did have control and access...

Any comment on the Iraqi forces that were guarding the facility as well?

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
good point, i cannot dispute that.....
rolleye.gif

Chadder007

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
They just announced this on the radio too. Nerve gases have been found including Serin and Ricin (spelling?). Says they found a horde of it, thousands of boxes.

rickn

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
the french and russians, and any country not in the coalition will be in denial. they'll say the coalition planted it

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Originally posted by: Chadder007
They just announced this on the radio too. Nerve gases have been found including Serin and Ricin (spelling?). Says they found a horde of it, thousands of boxes.

As much as I would like to see confirmation of his WMD, those boxes filled with powder are simply a component of explosives or rocket fuel......

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
they were not given enough time..... surely the 12th time they went there they would have found them...

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Jmman

As much as I would like to see confirmation of his WMD, those boxes filled with powder are simply a component of explosives or rocket fuel......

And you know this for sure how?

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Jmman

yes you are partially correct, that powder was found to be an explosive, more than likely part of the delivery system. However independent testing has confrimed WMD, there is a link in this post....

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
2 different sites I believe. Traces of biological agents were found in the training camp in Northern Iraq, but the site referenced with boxes of suspicious material 25 miles SE of Baghdad hasn't reported any WMD yet.....

bjc112

Lifer
Dec 23, 2000
Originally posted by: rickn
the french and russians, and any country not in the coalition will be in denial. they'll say the coalition planted it

HA!

You knew that would come from the French...

Now i would like to hear the anit protestors say no war, "we are not just in this action"

I would consider this making our cause even more just...

:Q