Smell That ?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BrainEater

Apr 20, 2016
The first and last thing outta your mouth when talking to a law enforcement officer of any kind should be 'Sir'....like "Sir yes sir !!"
Let's not diverge into P&N shenanigans.
This thread is about winter !!
------

It rained all day here in Calgary , looks like anything above 1800m got snow , the mountains look awesome.

:D

Kyle

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
As a golfer I'm not a big fan of winter...thankfully in the Seattle area you can play year round- it's just not as comfortable to say the least...

I used to ski but it's been 5+ years at least.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
I smell it too. Winter is coming you can always tell by the overnight lows.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Holy crap did not realize it's Thanksgiving this weekend, already. Yet it was hot enough to wear shorts today. It does not feel much like fall. Leaves are definitely starting to fall though.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I love it except for the lack of sunlight.
yeah that's what I hate about winter too. Go to work when it's dark, get out of work when it's dark. The whole clock shift change thing we do twice a year is ridiculous, it does not change this fact.

The long days in the summer months are great though, but it just does not last. Maybe 3 months max. It's kinda surreal when it's 3am and you can see the sun starting to rise.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
yeah that's what I hate about winter too. Go to work when it's dark, get out of work when it's dark. The whole clock shift change thing we do twice a year is ridiculous, it does not change this fact.

The long days in the summer months are great though, but it just does not last. Maybe 3 months max. It's kinda surreal when it's 3am and you can see the sun starting to rise.
Yeah, it bothered me when I was at 30°N. I can't imagine how much it must suck for you up there.

BrainEater

Apr 20, 2016
I'm driving out to the rocks tomorrow 'Banff , Alberta ', just to check how the snowpack is starting.
I've seen some nice pictures from today with lots of fresh snow.

:beer:

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Wish it was winter here. Running the a/c again for the last week. No relief until mid-week. It was nice opening the windows for a couple of days.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Cleaned the gutters today to get rid of leaves. There was a lot of ice in the crud that came out, in a way it made it easier since it was coming out in chunks, but some spots it was so thick I could not break it up without damaging the gutters so left it.

Just realized I forgot to measure my roof for solar panels while I was up there. I have one section that is viable, I need to figure out how much kw I can put. Solar is kinda a joke here, but I might do it anyway, will get really good output in the summer months because the days are so long. I can always run glycol lines under the panels and hook it up to a wood stove to melt the snow.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Cleaned the gutters today to get rid of leaves. There was a lot of ice in the crud that came out, in a way it made it easier since it was coming out in chunks, but some spots it was so thick I could not break it up without damaging the gutters so left it.

Just realized I forgot to measure my roof for solar panels while I was up there. I have one section that is viable, I need to figure out how much kw I can put. Solar is kinda a joke here, but I might do it anyway, will get really good output in the summer months because the days are so long. I can always run glycol lines under the panels and hook it up to a wood stove to melt the snow.

My mother has already stocked her wood supply for her winter. She gets a foot of snow overnight and it's business as usual. Here we get some ice and it's paralysis city!