Smell That ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
This is true. I have a neighbor that likes to play ridiculously loud music any day that it's above zero. I can't wait for the -30 windshields so I can actually go to bed without my walls shaking.

You need to announce the arrival of each new morning with a glorious display of bagpipes until he stops that shit.....

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
You need to announce the arrival of each new morning with a glorious display of bagpipes until he stops that shit.....

Since he plays the radio I was thinking of just transmitting ISIS videos or something. *radio cuts out* Jinaaa Jinaaa Jinaaaa *ratatatatatata* ALLAH AKBAR! saleem a looba.... *ratatatata* *explosion* *static* And now the weather..."

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Snow is great for one day, and one day only. Every day after that day with snow is the worst day.

But i do like skiing. If I'm skiing, then I'm cool with snow.

Reactions: MongGrel

BrainEater

Apr 20, 2016
I would like to see some of this winter you mention. It's supposed to be nearly 100 at the beach today...unheard of, even in the summer.

/me digs for picture.
------

As much as I love Slayer , I think the bagpipes is a better idea.

----

Like I said , winter keeps the bugs small.

:D

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
The one thing I do hate about Winter is dealing with getting the car ready in the morning, and after work. Every single freaking day.

(those are just random cars at a random place and not mine, no idea why I took or have this pic lol)

BrainEater

Apr 20, 2016
Beat me to it . Good pic. ;)
Somewhere , I have a picture of a truck from my favorite ski hill.It has 6 feet of snow on it.
----

B.C. / Alberta is getting a decent low pressure system through right now , out my window , it looks and smells like it's gonna puke snow.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
What is this win-ter you speak of? We have four seasons down here....
Almost Summer
Summer
Still Summer
Christmas.

Thats it.....or to put it another way:
I'm Mr. Heat Miser
I'm Mr. Sun
I'm Mr. Heat Blister
I'm Mr. Hundred and One!
If that song sticks in my head I am going to crawl right up through this internet connection a gag you with a bottle of sun tan lotion.

Reactions: MovingTarget

Chapbass

Diamond Member
May 31, 2004
sticker375x360.u1.png

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Fuck snow. I don't necessarily mind "winter," but fuck snow. I lived in that shit until my mid-30's. Living in NorCal spoiled me. Does it get chilly there? Yes...coldest we saw there was 17 Freedom degrees...for one night, but temps in the mid-20's weren't uncommon...snow was seen occasionally...white flakes in the air that didn't stick.

Now that we're in Western Wa, we've had a touch of snow for 2 of the 4 winters we've spent here. (2-3" was the most)
I can live with that...it looks nice for a few hours...then melts away.

After several years in the Rockies...FUCK SNOW.

BrainEater

Apr 20, 2016
I have to admit , I'm a little surprised by all the negativity towards winter...yea I'm a Canadian , but cmon....you guys know what crazy carpets are right !??
Hehe.

Frozen water on steep hills is really fun !
----

Just to turn this on it's head , I hate super hot weather.
You can always put a sweater on , but you can't peel your skin off.

;)

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Wow going to be October and still no snow yet. In fact today was practically shorts and tshirt weather. 15C (60F) right now. 15C is about the cut off though for shorts, I've worn them at lower than that, even 10, but it's a tad uncomfortable.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
I would call the police. I've had to do that before because the Mexican who rented across the street had speakers the size of a house. I was trying to sleep and all I heard was, boom, boom, boom, boom. I was like, I either beat the fuck out of him and his car, or let the police handle it.

Jesus, Connor...threats of violence or call the cops?

Life fail.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Jesus, Connor...threats of violence or call the cops?

Life fail.

No, I knew that I should let the police handle it since they told me time and time again to let them handle things rather than me punching the guy in other cases. So now I say, let the police handle it.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Being in the US, the police are probably going to beat them up anyway, so you still get your satisfaction. The issue is if they actually get shot then I'd feel kinda bad knowing I'm the one that called.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Being in the US, the police are probably going to beat them up anyway, so you still get your satisfaction. The issue is if they actually get shot then I'd feel kinda bad knowing I'm the one that called.

Most people only get shot by the police when they can't follow a simple verbal command.