Smell That ?

BrainEater

Apr 20, 2016
That's winter , blowing in.
----
I'm a skier , anyone else here like winter ?!!

I cannot wait. .The rocks got snow a couple days ago.

Yea baby !

Reactions: NetWareHead

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Love fall, and winter is very nice. Don't ski, or do anything especially wintry aside from building fires and drinking whisky, but I do love the long nights and crisp air.

BxgJ

Golden Member
Jul 27, 2015
Fall is a myth. There is only summer, and a short break from summer that lasts a couple of months. Some call that winter. :blush:

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Hate winter. Hate it, hate it, hate it. I ski, but snow sucks and if it disappeared forever I wouldn't miss it.

Reactions: MongGrel

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
Hate winter. Hate it, hate it, hate it. I ski, but snow sucks and if it disappeared forever I wouldn't miss it.
This man speaks the truth and nothing but. My move to somewhere warm and sunny cannot come soon enough. I tell people I'd rather vacation for the snow/skiing than vacation for the sun and beaches.

Reactions: GagHalfrunt

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Today was the first day that I had to put a coat on. Just a summer coat, but still a coat. It's been unusually warm, we're almost in October and just the other day we had double digit weather, in the positives! Was outside in shorts and tshirt and everything.

Leaves are starting to change color though and you can smell it in the air. Saw lot of geese heading south in the past month. Oddly I saw a robin today, they're usually not still out this late.

Summer goes by too fast, but looking forward to Christmas time and stuff. I don't know what it is about November-December but it's a joyful time. Can't wait to put the Christmas tree up!

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Winter? You mean that smell of shit that you have to scrape off your car and slide all over the place on the road?

BrainEater

Apr 20, 2016
Heheh.

I admit , I hate the shitty roads too . I would definitely prefer lots of snow in the mountains , and NONE on my driveway.
If our rainy summer is any indication , should be a good snow year .

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Hate winter but luckily don't have to deal with snow except for a day or two every few years.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Just opened my window here and that smell is the cow pasture beside our house, and from the smell of things they just moved a herd back onto that field. It's getting cold outside, screw this i'm heading south soon enough.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Fall is a myth. There is only summer, and a short break from summer that lasts a couple of months. Some call that winter. :blush:
I think you have that backwards. There is only winter and a short break from winter that lasts a few months. Unless you're posting from the future where global warming has killed winter. :sweat:

BrainEater

Apr 20, 2016
I really don't mind winter.
I stopped skiing for a decade .... I still liked winter , because that meant video game season !!

:D

Laugh or cry , your choice . Don't forget , dark and cold keeps the bugs small for the next summer.
I have personally found it impossible to not smile and be happy , when I'm looking down a sweet ski run.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
I'm from SoCal, we don't have seasons in the LA area, especially when I leave near the beach. Now that I'm in NorCal they tell me it gets really cold like 30-40 degrees. Hell na

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I live in North Texas and there is not much of a winter here. I know that it's cold for peeps from places like SoCal, but it was 100° twice last week. Eff that. I look forward to turning off the a/c just for a little while. Maybe even unrolling my car window. Winter might not be my favorite, but I like the changing of the seasons. I drove through Colorado last winter and loved the snow. Of course, having to deal with it every day is another story. I hated chiseling out my car in the winter, too.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
What is this win-ter you speak of? We have four seasons down here....
Almost Summer
Summer
Still Summer
Christmas.

Thats it.....or to put it another way:
I'm Mr. Heat Miser
I'm Mr. Sun
I'm Mr. Heat Blister
I'm Mr. Hundred and One!

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
This is true. I have a neighbor that likes to play ridiculously loud music any day that it's above zero. I can't wait for the -30 windshields so I can actually go to bed without my walls shaking.

I would call the police. I've had to do that before because the Mexican who rented across the street had speakers the size of a house. I was trying to sleep and all I heard was, boom, boom, boom, boom. I was like, I either beat the fuck out of him and his car, or let the police handle it.

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
I would like to see some of this winter you mention. It's supposed to be nearly 100 at the beach today...unheard of, even in the summer.