SMASHING more than 10 pro-State myths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
im sure everyone here knows i couldnt come up with the following, but i find it quite brilliant and super abstract so im using it:

- The tabula rasa myth - can man's nature be "rewritten" by the whims of society?
- The Hobbesian myth - would man would devolve into a war of all-against-all but for an omnipotent Leviathan?
- The altruism myth - is it really true that certain kinds of people - police, teachers, soldiers, politicians, priests, judges, prosecutors, etc. are all entirely altruistic, as their job descriptions presuppose?
- The statistics myth - is it true that human behavior can be modeled with random variables like those used in physics models?
- The guns & butter myth - is it true that government can suspend the fact of scarcity, by fiat?
- The broken window fallacy - is it true that the nation is better off when a window is broken, just because the glaziers are better off?
- The central-planning myth - How can government know what people demand if people are not free to exchange on the market, thus revealing their true preferences? How can government know how much to invest into which lines of production unless producers are allowed to either profit or go bankrupt in the market?
- The "money is a convention" fallacy - is it true that anything can be money, so long as 'we all get together and agree'?
- The inflation-is-caused-by-greedy-businesses fallacy - is it true that prices continually rise because businesses are greedy and keep marking up their products?
- The democracy-is-freedom fallacy - is it true that 50%+1 is synonymous with freedom? Doesn't your vote become virtually meaningless when diluted among the votes of millions of others?
- The social contract fallacy - is it true that there is some kind of "unwritten agreement" between me and "Society"?
- The Society-as-actor fallacy - When we say "Germany invades France", does this mean that every last German went across the border into France? If not, what does it mean?
- The stimulus myth - is it true that government can "stimulate" the economy? Or is it that what really happens is that wealth is redistributed from the masses to particular favored industrial sectors?
- The common property fallacy - is it true that common property does not always lead to a tragedy of the commons and that private property is exempt from this flaw?

anyway, the smashing of more than 10 pro-State myths was written by a pure libertarian and he does not have selfish motives as he has not supported ayn rand's selfishness as the ultimate virtue as i dont (selfishness is neither the ultimate virtue nor the ultimate vice although he can explain that much better than i could)... he simply realizes that govt doesnt give a damn about the poor, frequently hurts the poor, and that it always murders too many innocent brown people. he is a brilliant computer programmer and has had tremendous influence on my rejection of the official story of op 9/11 and he is often afraid of what the State is going to do to people.

if nothing in this op can convince you that the State is more evil than me, then i dont know what else will.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
gravity can really get you down.

But where would we be without it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.