Small, white spots coming from a projector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
OK, I've never seen this before so wanted to post here to see if anyone else has. I was viewing an area today to see if it woudl work for a presentation we are holding in a couple weeks. When they turned on their projector, everything had tiny white spots all over certain parts of the screen. I'm told it happens regardless of which input they use (VGA vs Component) but didn't get to try that first hand.

Since it happens from any input, that means it's the projector itself. Since the spots are white, and not black, it doesn't seem like it's anything on the lens since then the spots would be black.

Anyone seen anything like this before and have any idea what the cause might be? The projector is an InFocus brand but that's all I know about it as it was suspended from the ceiling.

Thanks.
projector%20spots.jpg

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Its probably a dlp projector and that would mean the light engine or dlp chip is going out. Do a search for mitsubishi dlp white spots.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Yes, I do believe it's a DLP projector. I think I saw that stamped on the top/bottom of the projector. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.