Slow transfers with TeamViewer 13?

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Both clients are up-to-date, and I was getting transfer speeds of about 1mbit/sec. I switched to downloading the file from a website stored on the same network as my client, then the other computer was able to download at my connection's full potential (about 14mbit/sec upload). Is this a common problem with TeamViewer file transfers? I've never used the feature before.

Skunk-Works

Jun 29, 2016
I have issues with file transfers in TV. I use TV mostly with the computers in my house and since I also run a FTP server and if I need to transfer a large file, I'll just upload it to the FTP. Or I'll just use a USB stick.

I don't know if it's this old laptop, but sometimes TV tells me it can't connect to a computer. I have to end the TV process in task manager and restart TV.

I don't think TV is the best of Apps. But it works nice for when I need a 2FA code and I'm away from my phone. I just TV into my phone on the Comp. and grab the code. Pisses me off if TV doesn't work as mentioned though. Then it's like TV is integrated with BS Internet Explorer much like Skype. That could be a source of much grief right there.