Slide seal zip lock bags

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Pinchers bug me because, well, they're work to make sure they seal all the way across. Pinch, pinch, pinch, pinch, pinch, pinch pinch...

I like the slide seal zip lock bags. Zip across, it's sealed tight, no guess work.

I bought a bunch of 9" x 12" ones but the slide is on the narrow side and they are too small for my purpose. I want to get some bigger ones. 10-25 of them would work, I guess. What are some good places to get them?

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Most grocery stores will have them. Walmart and Amazon will sell either.

Stock up on the gallon-sized ziplocks and some liquid marinades and/or Worcestershire sauce.

Ever since I was in college, I hang out in Summertime, I like to buy steak/chicken a throw them in a bag...pour stuff over the meat...throw it in the back the car/truck and grill out on the beach or at a park with a cooler of beer and some match light. One of my best memories was doing that with a bunch of girls on the beach near Daytona.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
So, Walmart will have a selection, a nice big collection? The "coupon" would be specific to the product?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
So, Walmart will have a selection, a nice big collection? The "coupon" would be specific to the product?

Correct ... coupon you'll have to figure out on your own sorry. :)

Btw I find Stop & Shop store brand bags to be at least as good as the actual Ziplock brand at a much better price. Not sure if you have them near you though.

sswingle

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
Pinchers bug me because, well, they're work to make sure they seal all the way across. Pinch, pinch, pinch, pinch, pinch, pinch pinch...

If you are pinching that many times you are doing it wrong. Pinch once and then slide your fingers across while squeezing.

Reactions: Ken g6

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
I bought a load from the local supermarket (Morrisons, UK) for storing random computer bits e.g. cables and at least 25% of them died (zip malfunction) within a few uses. Some were even dying during the initial bagging phase.

Reactions: Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
If you are pinching that many times you are doing it wrong. Pinch once and then slide your fingers across while squeezing.
That doesn't always work. Many times you think you've sealed it and portion(s) are not sealed. A slider doesn't have that problem. Sooooooooooooooooooo much easier and more reliable, quicker too.