SLI rendering options not all there

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Well, I have recently formatted, and I was trying to new X3 demo, with the built in benchmark. Comparing my scores to others, I was well below what it should be. Went to P&Q Settings, created a new profle, and noticed the lack of the options I mentioned. I only have three, not the six in this pic. And have followed those directions to the T. Installing Coolbits enabled the overclocking, so I assume its working. Its the same Coolbits file I have used in the past.

I was on the 81.98 latest official drivers, with coolbits installed. SLI was selected in the drivers, and set to auto in the BIOS. The SLI bridge is on as well. SLI seems to be working, as I have enabled, and disabled it for my CoD2 profile, and there is a large increase in frames.

However, I cant seem to get the other options when creating a new profile, or when modding a previous profile. So I uninstalled the drivers, and reinstalled them, thinking it was just a bad install, same thing. So I downloaded the newest drivers beta 82.12 drivers, same thing.

Im not beyond thinking its user error. I think I have covered all the bases, am I missing something simple? Ive spent about an hour trying to figure it out, but Im out of ideas.

edit here is a pic of what it looks like.

deadseasquirrel

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2001
You could download nhancer which would open up all forms of SLI for you (as well as other features and tweaks) or you could add the specific SLI code to the profile you want to use. For example, in your nvapps.xml file:

<PROPERTY Label="multichip_rendering_mode" Value="2" /> for SFR
<PROPERTY Label="multichip_rendering_mode" Value="1" /> for AFR
AFR2 has some compatibility bits to set and whatnot, so nhancer is probably your best bet for playing with that setting.

As for WHY this is happening, I have no idea.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Well, I just assumed Coolbits was working, since the overclocking was there. But after double checking the registery, Coolbits was set to 3, and not 8. Changed it to 8, and it is now working. *sigh* Took 30 seconds to fix, after over an hour of wasting time trying. Maybe thats why I had three settings to pic from, because of the 3? Anyways, its working, thanks for looking.