Slave trafficking Mexican Style

MadRat

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
I've wondered how the illegals are getting a foothold in the U.S. so easily this past ten to fifteen years. It really has been a mystery how someone from the poor working classes down in Central and South America could actually make it into this country, let alone find meaningful sustenance long enough to meld into the working class of this very country. I mean, if you or I as a caucasian were suddenly jobless, broke, and destitute we'd need somewhere to land in order to reconstitute ourselves. But these people supposedly don't have luxuries of friends and families to fall back upon.

Then today someone seemed to touch on the answer. They told me a dirty little secret about the illegals in America, something that really makes sense. They hire a "foreman" for a job as a contractor, and that person is bilingual. This person also has more than one house, one for him and his family and the other for his work crew. The foreman is actually also a person deeply involved in human trafficking, relaying illegals from contacts across the Mexican border to other workmasters around the city. The man is a natural born Mexican and is here legally because he settled in under Reagan's amnesty program.

This foreman smuggles mainly people from Guatemala and the Honduras into the Midwest. He takes 50% of their wages in return if they work for him and he requires them to live in his house. In reality the smuggled immigrants do not have a choice, nor do they have the ability to negotiate wages. Whether or not his take is only 50% of the wages is something that may be underestimated.

I thought to myself, no way. How do you launder the money from the foreman to the crew? It is all done above the board paper-wise because the foreman is working under contract. The workers are undocumented and therefore never show up in the system. And because this contractor probably writes off all of his money as expenses, he's probably avoiding more than his fair share of taxes. Not to mention he's not paying social security, fica, state witholdings; all that good stuff the everyday American employer is paying out. But now it makes sense why so many of these foremen are all driving around in brand new spanking vehicles hauling around their work crews of 3-5 guys stuffed into the crew cabs. Its because they can afford to when they are beating the system. And because the culture south of our border is so much into projecting a macho spirit, it makes sense that they need to display their bling bling.

I can drive up to any worksite in the city of Omaha and every jobsite is dominated by this stereotype. Every facet of the construction business is deeply entrenched with spanish-only work crews led by bling bling foremen. It used to be roofing jobs. Now its tilework, plumbers, electricians, every trade under the sun. And its well known illegals have been infiltrating the unions for the past twenty-five years. Obviously if this is happening it makes sense that the American worker is doomed from within; it either gets stopped dead cold or you will not see legal citizens performing trade work in the immediate future. I'm wondering if people around the country are seeing this phenomenon through the same spectacles?

Feb 24, 2001
They call them Coyotes. There is usually one in each group that the border patrol catches. In a group of 15-20 illegals they'll be the coordinator among them. Usually gets paid by the top boss who then hires them for roofing jobs, etc. or often are the "foreman" themselves. Lots of money to be made just in moving them. Figure upwards of $50k per group, and if he gets caught? Woopty do. He'll just do it again once he's out of holding.

lyssword

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2005
There's a good possibility that's true, but of course not for all illegals, but only small %.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
A turkey processing plant was built in our town 2 years ago. It employees 500 people and is expanding already.

The whole plant was built without any local contractors, the contactor who built it was not even from the state, it had all Hispanic help and very, very, few of them could speak english.

I applied for a job as night watchman before it opened and when I went into the office I had a bit of a shocker. They had 20 to 25 employees working there and 2 were white, the rest were Hispanic. The head of "Human Resources" used to be head of the pork processing plant we used to have. He got chasewd out of town for hiring illegals. He rented them housing and everything. Now he's back and in charge of a HR Dept. that is ran with Hispanic help. (they're just doing the jobs Americans won't, right. ;) )

I'm confident that our rather large (and growing) population of Hispanics in this small town (located over 1000 miles from the border) are ALL here LEGALLY.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: lyssword
There's a good possibility that's true, but of course not for all illegals, but only small %.

thats right. Because illegals arent really under the radar and can be tracked and accounted for easily. Hell. Im sure they'll be part of the next census!

/nod

MadRat

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit
A turkey processing plant was built in our town 2 years ago. It employees 500 people and is expanding already.

The whole plant was built without any local contractors, the contactor who built it was not even from the state, it had all Hispanic help and very, very, few of them could speak english.

I applied for a job as night watchman before it opened and when I went into the office I had a bit of a shocker. They had 20 to 25 employees working there and 2 were white, the rest were Hispanic. The head of "Human Resources" used to be head of the pork processing plant we used to have. He got chasewd out of town for hiring illegals. He rented them housing and everything. Now he's back and in charge of a HR Dept. that is ran with Hispanic help. (they're just doing the jobs Americans won't, right. ;) )

I'm confident that our rather large (and growing) population of Hispanics in this small town (located over 1000 miles from the border) are ALL here LEGALLY.

In Souix City's meat packing industries its people from various countries of the old Indochina subcontinent mixed in with the hispanics. Same situation, lots of non-english speaking people of dubious origin. Very poor personal hygiene among them. Most of them look beaten even before they get to work for their first ten hour shift. All in the name of affordable meat.

MadRat

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
The gc's were doing that before the slave labor became readily available in force.

ranmaniac

Golden Member
May 14, 2001
It's very real, and there's a lot of unsolved murders in Arizona, and other border states. They're usually executions to serve as a warning to others who don't pay up.

GeezerMan

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2005
Originally posted by: MadRat
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit

In Souix City's meat packing industries its people from various countries of the old Indochina subcontinent mixed in with the hispanics. Same situation, lots of non-english speaking people of dubious origin. Very poor personal hygiene among them. Most of them look beaten even before they get to work for their first ten hour shift. All in the name of affordable meat.

Reminds me of years ago when I worked the front desk at a nice hotel for a few weeks. They had a great buffet. I stopped eating it after watching one of the line cooks leaving the men's room after going number two and not washing up. Yech...