Skyrim Blue screen crash

freinando

Feb 21, 2012
Hi all I have been recently playing Skyrim, and so far good. Yesterday when playing I left Black barrows falls and suddenly a blue screen crash. I didnt play again, but today I decided to do so and when loading again another blue screen crash. can anyone explain me why this issue. Is it hardware? Temperatures are good in my overclocked i5 2500k to 4.7GHz and Asus GTX560

Feb 6, 2007
Have you installed all the most recent patches? Are you running any mods? I've heard that people have issues with overclocked parts in Skyrim, so you may try lowering your CPU OC and see if that fixes it.

freinando

Feb 21, 2012
No mods or patches at all installed, should I install them then? About the OC, I rather keep it than play skyrim if it is the main cause of the issue.

Feb 6, 2007
You shouldn't install mods until you get the game running stable, since that's just going to introduce more variables that could cause the crashing. I'd check to make sure you're running the latest version (1.4 on Steam), as there are plenty of bug fixes rolled into the patches (not to mention performance improvements). Also make sure your drivers are up to date; don't know the latest Forceware drivers, but you can get them off nVidia's site. If those don't do it, try loading a previous save file and see if the issue persists; if so, it's most likely the CPU OC.

How much system RAM do you have? What settings are you using for Skyrim (Low, Medium, High, Ultra)?

freinando

Feb 21, 2012
not 8gb of ram, its 10. Wanna ask you about this because I have 4 slots on my mobo. Im running 2x4gb patriot 1333ddr3 memory and another stick from kingston, 2gb same cas latency and frequency, that last one is dual channel also but I have the 4th slot blocked by my cooler master hyper 212+ so I cant use the other kingston stick. Any thoughts?