Sister Wants a Chromebook

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fayd

Diamond Member
Jun 28, 2001
www.manwhoring.com
Yep.

Best Buy does have an Asus Haswell Celeron 11.6" touch for 259.99 right now, if you want to stick to that price range and she's cool with going back to Chromebook size.

this is a much better fit, if she already has a 17" laptop. no sense in buying a 15.6" laptop as well.

code65536

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2006
Yep.

Best Buy does have an Asus Haswell Celeron 11.6" touch for 259.99 right now, if you want to stick to that price range and she's cool with going back to Chromebook size.

Asus doesn't have a Haswell Celery on the market, AFAIK. Did you mean the Ivy Bridge X200CA? I have that model as a tertiary laptop. It's actually quite a nice system, as long as (1) you dump the HDD for a SSD and (2) clean-install the system to get rid of all the bundled crap. Without that, it's borderline unusable out of the box.

pw257008

Jan 11, 2014
Asus doesn't have a Haswell Celery on the market, AFAIK. Did you mean the Ivy Bridge X200CA? I have that model as a tertiary laptop. It's actually quite a nice system, as long as (1) you dump the HDD for a SSD and (2) clean-install the system to get rid of all the bundled crap. Without that, it's borderline unusable out of the box.

ah, sorry, you're right. i guess i wasn't thinking haswell vs ivy so much as core architecture vs. atom, and got lazy.