Simpsons Today (2/15)!

elanarchist

Dec 8, 2001
Wow, what a great episode! Fave line so far: "Thank God we've come to our senses and worship a 2000 year old carpenter", priceless!

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Originally posted by: elanarchist
Wow, what a great episode! Fave line so far: "Thank God we've come to our senses and worship a 2000 year old carpenter", priceless!

Yea... I laughed my ass off...

I did think it was a really good episode.... first good one ive seen in a while......

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
I agree that it was half and half...it had some very classic moments, but some parts were still just stupid. ah well, better than some of the sh*t we've gotten in the last year.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Yeah, too bad they F'd up so long and lost Sooooooooooooooooooo many loyal customers.

It will take a LOT to get me to watch again.

Indolent

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2003
good episode but haven't they used the grandpa peeing his pants like that before?

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
this ep was alright
i still think the robot rumble one with homer in the 'robot' was the best one of this season.

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
it's great. i was laughing at " finally we've came to our senses after 2000 years and worship a carpenter."

zimu

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2001
just watched it, absolutely loved it. definitely better than the others in the season.

however, will bart and lisa stay close? usually they have some drastic change but then "reset" everythign back to normal. things like homer and flanders becoming best friends, or the cat dying etc.

they stayed close later!

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003

So they've moved on from poking fun at Christianity's little foibles "but I don't even believe in Jebus! - SAVE ME JEBUS!" to just straight up insulting the intelligence of millions of people for their deepest beliefs? I can see why that show's gone so far downhill and am glad I no longer watch it. Good thing it'll be off the air soon... They're ruining all the great memories of classic moments in tv history from the early days of the show.
R.I.P. Simpsons.

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
Rats. Missed it (/me off to look at the bittorrents).

But the new Simpson's Hit & Run game is really cool. I'm playing too much of it because when I get into my car, I wish I could hit the slowpoke in the left lane! (yammering on their cellphone)

Emveach

Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Flyermax2k3

So they've moved on from poking fun at Christianity's little foibles "but I don't even believe in Jebus! - SAVE ME JEBUS!" to just straight up insulting the intelligence of millions of people for their deepest beliefs? I can see why that show's gone so far downhill and am glad I no longer watch it. Good thing it'll be off the air soon... They're ruining all the great memories of classic moments in tv history from the early days of the show.
R.I.P. Simpsons.

Be off the air soon? What kind of an idiot are you? They are already planning a Simpson movie, and the series is still going strong.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: Emveach

R.I.P. Simpsons.

Be off the air soon? What kind of an idiot are you? They are already planning a Simpson movie, and the series is still going strong.

Yes, I must be an idiot because my opinion is different than yours
rolleye.gif
Get over yourself. I guess you haven't read any of the quotes in any of the Simpsons movie thread that state the movie will come out when the show is going off the air. The fact that they're talking about making the movie soon does imply the series' impending demise.
Who's the "idiot" now?

PowerMac4Ever

Banned
Dec 9, 2000

R.I.P. Simpsons.

rolleye.gif
Get over yourself. I guess you haven't read any of the quotes in any of the Simpsons movie thread that state the movie will come out when the show is going off the air. The fact that they're talking about making the movie soon does imply the series' impending demise.
Who's the "idiot" now?
You're still the idiot, actually.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
I actually didn't like it. I hardly laughed at all. The willie moment was about the only good part of the episode :(

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: PowerMac4Ever

R.I.P. Simpsons.

rolleye.gif
Who's the "idiot" now?

Thanks for contributing to the thread
rolleye.gif

Do you just search the forums for threads that I post in to insult me, or what? It certainly appears that way......

PowerMac4Ever

Banned
Dec 9, 2000

R.I.P. Simpsons.

rolleye.gif
Who's the "idiot" now?

rolleye.gif

Do you just search the forums for threads that I post in to insult me, or what? It certainly appears that way......
I came into this thread because the Simpsons is my second favorite show. I don't how you managed to turn this thread into another religious debate. Show some respect and keep these threads on topic.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003

R.I.P. Simpsons.

rolleye.gif
Who's the "idiot" now?

rolleye.gif

I came into this thread because the Simpsons is my second favorite show. I don't how you managed to turn this thread into another religious debate. Show some respect and keep these threads on topic.

You came into the thread because the Simpsons is your "second favorite show" yet you didn't even comment on the Simpsons in any manner whatsoever in your first post. You're only proving my point in the "other" thread that you come into threads just to attack me. Your first post in this thread was nothing more than an attack "You're still the idiot, actually." What does that have to do with the Simpsons and how does that prove you *don't* hate me?
You just can't seem to avoid stepping in it on this one, Powermac. No matter what you say from here on out your first post in this thread absolutely proves me right, and you to be a hypocrite.