SimCity3000 cashes to desktop when loading.

piotrgurin

Apr 4, 2005
I can't do it b/c my aslkdfjl comp keeps crashing to desktop when loading map.

This doesn't happen on my laptop.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Dont bump your own thread every hour. It pisses off the moderators.

Since you didnt give us much info I dont know if we can help you. The only suggestion I have is seeing what patches are available. Perhaps trying Win98 Compatibility Mode (it rarely works, but is worth a shot).

Also, detailed info of what happens during the crash wuold be nice, especially if there is an error message.

Best of luck, 3000 is probably the best one. It takes all the good stuff from earlier games and adds a few new things. And it isnt a pain to play like number 4 or Societies.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: piotrgurin
What do you mean by plain when referring to sc4?

PAIN, not PLAIN.

What I meant was: They screwed up the game balance so much in number 4 its no longer enjoyable to build a nice little town and watch it grow. Its a chore and an irritating one at that. Finding the perfect balance of income and growth is such a hassle it isnt a game anymore but a job.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: piotrgurin
I can't do it b/c my aslkdfjl comp keeps crashing to desktop when loading map.

This doesn't happen on my laptop.

We could do with more info like what OS ,XP or Vista?...anyway make sure you have latest drivers for everything and also make sure you have installed lastest DX9.0c update(Nov 2007 I believe)even for Vista.

I actually have SimCity 3000,I'll see how it runs later on my Vista x64 when I have time.