Sil3512 sata pci controller what is boot hotkey?

ruthan

Apr 3, 2014
Hello,
i have upgrade Bios of this old dude to newest one, but after that it stopped to show new some info message about how to access settings during boot.

I think that it was CRTL+S or CRTL+F, but i tried all and nothing.

Or other solution if can i access this menu from some OS and edit option, i would like to disable AHCI if is possible and use it in IDE mode for retro gaming issues..

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Or other solution if can i access this menu from some OS and edit option, i would like to disable AHCI if is possible and use it in IDE mode for retro gaming issues..
Hmm? What retro gaming issue are you talking about? Disabling AHCI just makes the drive slower.

ruthan

Apr 3, 2014
Forget that, use VirtualBox (or...) and play win98 games that way.

Sorry but this not subject of this disscussion.. But ok by first in the world who will be able to use proper Direct3D and OpenGL under unsupported (from additional point of view) Windows 98.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Sorry but this not subject of this disscussion.. But ok by first in the world who will be able to use proper Direct3D and OpenGL under unsupported (from additional point of view) Windows 98.
Right, sorry for going OT a bit...

As for your original Q, there should be a option in the BIOS to access that card's settings once you tell it to boot from that.

ruthan

Apr 3, 2014
BIOS to access that card's settings once you tell it to boot fro
I can check it now, but i could be like this.. During boot i getting info some post hey im controller, im here message, but setting could be available only when i set to boot from card.. Im not sure, i have good memory, i will check it.