*Sigh* I took my car into the dealership to get a state inspection, they back another car into it

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Ever have one of those days? I take my car ('94 Integra) into the dealership to get the annual state inspection. While my car is parked, one of the teenagers driving customer cars from the parking lot to the service bays backs right into mine. No one hurt and just put a fist-sized dent and scratched up my left side fender, but sh!t dude, how do you hit a parked car? Especially if you're driving someone else's car as a valet?

Anyway, I was pissed but kept it under control. The dealership is taking it to the body shop to get fixed, and I'm in a loaner for a while. They did give me a 2004 Acura TL for a loaner, so I guess that's the nicest thing to come out of this whole mess.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
People are idiots.

All three of the times I've had to file claims against someone else's insurance company, I wasn't even in the car at the time.

Gagabiji

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2003
lol some people are just idiots, nothing you can do. But take advangate of that Acura while you can...take a road trip or something. :D

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
But take advangate of that Acura while you can...take a road trip or something.

No kidding. And I weren't spoiled from my Integra having been paid off for years I'd consider getting one of these babies in a heartbeat. But my desire to continue not having car payments is definitely going to trump all the nice stuff I'd get from getting a new one. Still, it's going to be hard to give up perks like the heated leather seats and such when my car is done :)

adlep

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2001
Now, if you can only convince them to keep your Integra and let you keep the TL :D

nan0bug

Banned
Apr 22, 2003
They probbably told the kid to hit your car on purpose to try and get you to buy a TL.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: nan0bug
They probbably told the kid to hit your car on purpose to try and get you to buy a TL.

Ha!

:D

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Originally posted by: nan0bug
You have major trust issues.:D

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: glenn1
Ever have one of those days? I take my car ('94 Integra) into the dealership to get the annual state inspection. While my car is parked, one of the teenagers driving customer cars from the parking lot to the service bays backs right into mine. No one hurt and just put a fist-sized dent and scratched up my left side fender, but sh!t dude, how do you hit a parked car? Especially if you're driving someone else's car as a valet?

Anyway, I was pissed but kept it under control. The dealership is taking it to the body shop to get fixed, and I'm in a loaner for a while. They did give me a 2004 Acura TL for a loaner, so I guess that's the nicest thing to come out of this whole mess.

Nice, we took my wife's 2003 Maxima in for repairs and Enterprise gave us a Chevrolet Monte Carlo. Man, talk about your piles of crap...that car was horrible.

LiQiCE

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Be careful with the loaner. You should have signed a contract when you got the loaner which states you won't put more than 250 miles per day on it. Now if you have the car for 7 days and you only put 10 miles on it each day and then take the 388 mile roadtrip, it doesn't matter ... they won't know if you put more than 250 miles on it 1 day and less than that the next. But if you go over, they can charge you for every mile you put on the car over the 250 mile/day limit. (I know this because I've gotten Acura loaners a few times)

In addition, for those of you saying to beat the crap out of the car and take it offroading ... Damage to the car is obviously also part of the contract. If he damages the car in any way, he could be held liable for the repairs to the car.

Just an FYI for ya incase you get the urge to destroy their car :) ... It sucks that your car was damaged at the dealership, but at least they're taking care of their mistake and fixing it for you for free and giving you a nice loaner to boot. Sh*t happens man ... could've been a lot worse.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: glenn1
But take advangate of that Acura while you can...take a road trip or something.

No kidding. And I weren't spoiled from my Integra having been paid off for years I'd consider getting one of these babies in a heartbeat. But my desire to continue not having car payments is definitely going to trump all the nice stuff I'd get from getting a new one. Still, it's going to be hard to give up perks like the heated leather seats and such when my car is done :)

That's also my mindset but our '02 Accord isn't paid off, yet.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Be careful with the loaner. You should have signed a contract when you got the loaner which states you won't put more than 250 miles per day on it. Now if you have the car for 7 days and you only put 10 miles on it each day and then take the 388 mile roadtrip, it doesn't matter ... they won't know if you put more than 250 miles on it 1 day and less than that the next. But if you go over, they can charge you for every mile you put on the car over the 250 mile/day limit. (I know this because I've gotten Acura loaners a few times)

In addition, for those of you saying to beat the crap out of the car and take it offroading ... Damage to the car is obviously also part of the contract. If he damages the car in any way, he could be held liable for the repairs to the car.

Just an FYI for ya incase you get the urge to destroy their car ... It sucks that your car was damaged at the dealership, but at least they're taking care of their mistake and fixing it for you for free and giving you a nice loaner to boot. Sh*t happens man ... could've been a lot worse.

I'm not going to be petty and abuse it just to abuse it. But I was thinking of taking a trip of similar length in my car this weekend (to the Eastern shore) but it doesn't look like the weather will cooperate, so I'm considering this trip instead. I didn't just say "ya know what, since I have a loaner car I'm going to drive it 400 miles for no reason." I don't see why I should cancel my plans to accomodate their loaner agreement.

Tyrant222

Nov 25, 2000
my car has been hit 3 times, all of them while parked. Luckily or amazingly the persons who were responsible left their contact info.

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Tyrant222
my car has been hit 3 times, all of them while parked. Luckily or amazingly the persons who were responsible left their contact info.

by car's been hit a few times. Last time it happened, no contact info left, but someone left us a note saying he say an old lady back into it and drive off (believable, it was in a church parking lot), but the plate # was mistranscribed, so no luck.

So I had to hit the junkyards until I found a taillight that would fit . . . I finally did, but it doesn't match. hahaha. Thats called character.

johnjbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Skoorb
I would drive that thing like it's f---ing stolen.

yup - I think MaddIndian used to have a quote like that - "Drive it like you stole it!"

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Tyrant222
lucky. got side-swiped at work one day (we have a lot of guests who come for just a couple of hours) and when i came out, i saw a piece of paper on my windshield under a wiper. opened it up and saw it was empty. figured if they left a fake note, somebody must've seen it happen. nope, nobody made a peep here. luckily its my commuter truck, but still, it was in good shape and then this crap happens. oh well, what goes around, comes around. every dog has its day. i just hope this person's day comes in the form of a very painful veneral disease.

Gurck

Banned
Mar 16, 2004
They do seem to hire based on IQ at those places - the lower the better :roll: Sucks man, give it back with no more than fumes in the tank :D