Side benefits of overclocking

ultimahwhat

Aug 13, 2008
I've been reading various tech forums in preparation for building my first system and getting some insight into tweaking it. Among the forum crowd, it seems like overclocking your cpu is a pretty popular thing, if not standard fare when building a system.

My question is, what else can you get out of OCing besides extra clock cycles and inner satisfaction? Have any of the guys sufficiently impressed a lady with his OC prowess? If so, what do the ladies look for in an overclock: max frequency? top fsb? blazing vcore? % over stock speed?

If I were ripped like Michael Phelps, then this wouldn't be an issue. But I'm not, so thus I'm curious about this topic. Too bad I didn't test this out while I was still at MIT :p

Juked07

Golden Member
Jul 22, 2008
I'm pretty sure when you turn up the FSB you auto impregnate all the attractive ladies within a 50 meter radius. So at MIT, typically approximately 0 people.

msi1337

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
if nothing else, your computer can be your new lady

my wife tells me that my computer is my mistress

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
I told a lady I was 8 hours "Prime stable" and her panties instantly became ankle-warmers.

ELopes580

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2003
There was a famous fable
of a man who told the woman he was was prime stable
she threw him on top of the table
then got some strong and durable cable
rode him like a horse in the stable
she wanted more, and was ready and able

Nov 26, 2005
Originally posted by: ultimahwhat
I've been reading various tech forums in preparation for building my first system and getting some insight into tweaking it. Among the forum crowd, it seems like overclocking your cpu is a pretty popular thing, if not standard fare when building a system.

My question is, what else can you get out of OCing besides extra clock cycles and inner satisfaction? Have any of the guys sufficiently impressed a lady with his OC prowess? If so, what do the ladies look for in an overclock: max frequency? top fsb? blazing vcore? % over stock speed?

If I were ripped like Michael Phelps, then this wouldn't be an issue. But I'm not, so thus I'm curious about this topic. Too bad I didn't test this out while I was still at MIT :p

First were gonna have to test you for steroid use and then Welcome to the Anandtech forums.

Drsignguy

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2002
Originally posted by: Ocguy31
I told a lady I was 8 hours "Prime stable" and her panties instantly became ankle-warmers.

:laugh:ROFL:laugh:

It cant get any better than this!

ultimahwhat

Aug 13, 2008
Originally posted by: Juked07
I'm pretty sure when you turn up the FSB you auto impregnate all the attractive ladies within a 50 meter radius. So at MIT, typically approximately 0 people.

fair enough.

you know what they say:

Women at MIT are like parking spaces; the good ones are either taken or handicapped.

Thanks y'all

JadedDJay

Aug 10, 2004
women generally like it when you can cook. i oc and use my heatsink as a grill. chicks dig it

GrumpyMan

Diamond Member
May 14, 2001
I always tell the chicks that I have a giant 12" video card. Man, they really dig that. I guess size does matter.

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
I don't want to meet the women that gets excited by any of this thread's content. :shocked:

myocardia

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Idontcare
I don't want to meet the women that gets excited by any of this thread's content. :shocked:

You must not know a certain moderator that I know.;)

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
Originally posted by: Juked07

hahahahahah thats hilarious. I go to clarkson university and when I did my OC I think the same thing happened..Girls dont like engineering schools.