Sick of Telemarketers?

orakle

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2002
I thought it was going to tell me to try and sell HIM something that he needs :)

Zolty

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: RallyMaster
tell him to give you his IP address so you can hack into the computer system :p

My IP address is 127.0.0.1, go ahead try and hack me!!

Jun 19, 2004
I had a lady give me her speil about how I, as a "valued business owner" could recieve up to 6 subscriptions of PC related magazines for ONLY $2.68 per week!

She rattled off the names of the mags and I said that I already get the ones I want from that list free. She told me, "Well, you only get one copy free, then they start billing you". I said "No, they're all free subscriptions.". Again she told me that they'll start billing me or stop sending all together, to which I replied, "I've been getting them all for about two years now, no charge whatsoever." (apparently she knows not of AT Hot Deals!).

She started reading her response script again saying "Well, all of these mags can be yours for only $2.68 per week, you can't beat that can you?".......I said "Uh, yes I can, I get them all free......what are ou missing here?".

she thanked me for my time and hung up.

KDOG

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
AWESOME. BOOKMARKED!

Insanely, just as I was reading this the phone rang with "unavailable" on the caller ID. The temptation, oh the temptation!

ailetlvo

Jul 24, 2005
Haha, that actually looks like a lot of fun. A couple months ago I was working as a loan officer and I know rebuttals for all those sayings. The CEO of the company was really into rebuttals, and he built a whole list of them that we had to memorize before getting on the floor.

Needless to say, if I had called someone and they tried to use that script, I would have hung up on them. Any smart cold caller knows that some people are going to chat, while others are just a waste of conversation. Hang up before they do, lol.

ChurchOfSubgenius

Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2001
Originally posted by: ailetlvo
Haha, that actually looks like a lot of fun. A couple months ago I was working as a loan officer and I know rebuttals for all those sayings. The CEO of the company was really into rebuttals, and he built a whole list of them that we had to memorize before getting on the floor.

Needless to say, if I had called someone and they tried to use that script, I would have hung up on them. Any smart cold caller knows that some people are going to chat, while others are just a waste of conversation. Hang up before they do, lol.

How long were you a loan officer?

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
That's pretty old but still useful. We used to use it at work all the time in college.