Shuttles not working after a move

jtdavies

Jan 23, 2015
I just moved about an hour away from my old house. I have several Shuttle PCs that worked at the old house but not at the new house. One booted just fine. I carried them in a cardboard box in a car.

Computer 1 is some kind of XPC has a black case - not sure of the model. When I power it up, nothing happens. It's completely dark inside

Computer 2 s some kind of XPC with a black case as well. When I power it up it lights up internally but I don't POST on the monitor.

Computer 3 is a SS52G . It acts like computer 1

Computer 4 is a SS52G as well. It boots perfectly.

Can you give me some suggestions on what to look for? I'm going to take them apart and check connections. But what else could a car ride mess up?

Feb 25, 2011
Loose connections. Probably power supply or power button.

Although that's just likely. Many (many) years ago, I had a computer which was moved on a half-hour car trip, and when we got to the destination, the side had been squished inward. Broken motherboard.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Reseat all connections. Particular attention to CPU and cooler assembly. Same applies toall circuit boards. Such moves always involve vibration and that works things loose.

jtdavies

Jan 23, 2015
I reset connections on one computer and got it working. It was the most important one because it had last year's tax information. Next weekend I'll work on the others.\

Thanks for the help.