Shure e2c = 2 year warranty! me = happy!

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: loic2003
you ripper! mine have a cracked cable, I'm going to check this out!

did you just call me a 'ripper' ? :confused:

the part of the cable right around the ear split open, revealing the copper wire. i thought i'd have to stick some tape on it, but w/ the 2yr warranty, it's goin' back! :)

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
woohoo!

UPS delivered a brand new packaged set of e2c's :D

Shure = :thumbsup:

EngenZerO

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2001
yeah, my e2cs broke three months ago, called them up, told me to send my old ones in... after they recieved them they sent me a new pair no questions asked...

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: EngenZerO
yeah, my e2cs broke three months ago, called them up, told me to send my old ones in... after they recieved them they sent me a new pair no questions asked...

:thumbsup:

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
Yup shure warranty rocks!!
I completely destroyed by E2Cs before. They were hanging out of my pocket and went in a car and closed the door with the ear tips dragging on the ground. Needless to say, they disintegrated to bare wires after a 15 mile drive.
I called shure to ask them how much it would cost to replace.. and they replaced it for me for FREE! :D
Too bad they are lacking in the sound department.
<- loves his new Etymotic ER4S with amp.

Dunbar

Platinum Member
Feb 19, 2001
I received a new warranty set of E2 and E3's. Sold them both times and upgraded :)

yhlee

Jun 15, 2000
hey guys,

i'm thinking about picking up the e4c from one of those "cheaper" vendors off of pricegrabber.. i've read some reviews and posts about these companies on pricegrabber saying that they sell "grey market" goods (such as canon cameras) so the warranty is useless for us. did any of you guys order from those places and still qualify for their 2 year warranty? or should i not be dumb and just get it at amazon or something (only found out about pricegrabber while reading reviews)

Dunbar

Platinum Member
Feb 19, 2001
That is a question better asked at head-fi.org. I think technically you have to buy from an authorized dealer to get the warranty. But I don't know if Shure actually enforces that rule.

yhlee

Jun 15, 2000
thanks for the response. while digging around i found this:

The warranty applies to items that are purchased new in factory-sealed packaging regardless of the seller. Shure strives to form relationships with resellers who will provide the best service and value to customers who buy our products. Authorized Dealers receive only inventory that is new, in factory-sealed packaging, with all accessories, documentation, and full factory warranty. Authorized Dealers receive extensive factory support, and they are the first to receive shipments when new products are introduced. Non-authorized resellers do not have any direct business relationship with Shure. Shure cannot guarantee the authenticity or condition of the items they stock, and we have no ability to intervene on the customer's behalf if necessary.

at

http://personalaudio.custhelp.com/cgi-b...mNoX3RleHQ9d2FycmFudHkgZ3JleSBtYXJrZXQ

makes me think that the phones on ebay and pricegrabber are some knockoffs :(

maybe i'll just go to the local best buy and pick em up, just hate to spend 300+tax on something that sells online for 1/2 that price