SHS: God wanted Trump to be President

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
eh, it's just in line with what such people of faith believe about everything. There is this acceptance that everything is planned by god, people do what they do and are where they are because god wills it (but then of course we somehow also have freewill....because that makes sense. I guess it's the only way to rationalize that gay people choose to be gay therefore they are evil for being anti-god--same with brown and poor people choosing to be brown and poor...but I digress).

So, it's not appalling in any way for her to think this. It's just natural.

You forgot to mention it was God's will blacks became slaves. Completely and justifiably so.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I remember the same stuff with George W. Bush. He was also god’s anointed until he wasn’t. Then came Obama and he was the antichrist, now we’re back to god’s will with Trump. I’m sure the next Democratic president will be another minion of Satan and the next Republican the work of god. That’s just the deal I guess, haha.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
They said King George III ruled by Divine Right too.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Does that mean God wanted Nancy Pelosi to be Speaker?

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Gee, that's all we need: the official spokesperson for the government talking about how a worshipped deity has anointed her boss to win an election.

Very, very dangerous ground here. After all, you can't criticise God's choices---say, you do believe in God, don't you?

This is nothing I haven't heard before from my Evangelical relatives. Pussy-grabbing, making fun of the disabled, none of it means a thing, because they literally believe Trump is the (imperfect) vessel of God's will. It's fucking horrifying considering how many millions of people in this country think this way. Her quote is going to be "liked" a zillion times, with a billion "AMEN!!!!!" comments on their facebook feeds....

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
It's pretty clear she has been brainwashed. All that matters is whether anyone chooses to support and follow them.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I have no words.

I have words..

Just like God wanted the dark ages?
Just like God wanted the plague?
Just like God is responsible for more deaths in human history by means of religious strife than all others reasons combined?

Feb 16, 2005
UNCLE FESTER'S RIGHT! trump is the anointed one, especially after that one time in that hotel room in russia, golden anointment they call it I believe.

Reactions: dank69

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008

It could be that she has an entirely alien concept of what god is to most people....

iu

/shrug

Reactions: ch33zw1z