Show off your desk thread

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Trygve

Golden Member
Aug 1, 2001
Originally posted by: NL5
I'm pretty sure thats Trygve's desk, but I know how to find out for sure.....

Trygve should know what the piece of equipment I have circled is -

http://www.nlrstudio.com/editdeska1000.jpg

I was actually thinking of asking you about that--I've got the original MOTU 828 and you'd mentioned that you've got the MkII (and I gather it's on an x86 system rather than a Mac). I've been using the 828 with Windows XP, it's been a little persnickety, and I'm tempted to replace it. (I probably should get something that will do 24/96 anyway, even though I've had no call for it...yet.) Do you like the 828MkII or, having used it, is there something with similar capabilities you'd recommend over it? I do need an external box because all my PCI slots are already occupied on that system.

NL5

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2003
Yep, I run mine on a PC. Never had any problems. I usually record at 24/48 anyway tho, although the converters are supposed to be a lot better in the MkII, so that is why I opted for it over a first gen 828.

Here is what I want -

http://www.mercenary.com/apad16chadco.html
http://www.mercenary.com/apda16chdaco.html

They blow the motu out of the water, but 16in/out is $6500 vs. about $1500 for the Motu's (2 X 828MkII). So, I'm sticking with MOTU for now, and besides, they really do sound pretty good.
url]" border="0

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: mobobuff
Originally posted by: dartworth
Originally posted by: Nik
Originally posted by: Trygve
Just a blatant excuse to show off my new desk I just finished building -

Desk 1

Desk 2

Let's see yours!
face-icon-small-happy.gif" border="0

That's very cool--what all equipment do you have there? (I know I should recognize these things, but I don't always.)

Here's mine --obviously it's a lot more cluttered and messy.

Heh, yeah I've seen that picture floating around the web and tell people that it's actually my desk too. Just like when you just did it, people fell for it every time thinking it actually was my desk.

So his entire website is BS too?

maybe not BS...but very strange indeed

Indeed.

But I found the image on the middle monitor in the picture hosted on Inferno Film's website, which is linked to from his website and which he claimed to work for. So either he's fabricated his entire e-self, or the desk is his, and Nik is pwned.

I refuse to believe that the ridiculous desk image posted by Trygve is actually his and will continue to refuse to believe until I see a new image of him sitting at the desk holding a sign that says "Yes, Nik, this is my desk."

http://forums.anandtech.com/i/...-icon-small-tongue.gif</a>" border="0">

NL5

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2003
Why don't you believe him?

There is nothing there that is that impressive. Cool, yes.
http://forums.anandtech.com/i/...e-icon-small-smile.gif</a>" border="0">

LtPage1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2004
Originally posted by: dartworth

Desk 1

Desk 2

Let's see yours!
face-icon-small-happy.gif" border="0

That's very cool--what all equipment do you have there? (I know I should recognize these things, but I don't always.)

Heh, yeah I've seen that picture floating around the web and tell people that it's actually my desk too. Just like when you just did it, people fell for it every time thinking it actually was my desk.

So his entire website is BS too?

maybe not BS...but very strange indeed

Indeed.

But I found the image on the middle monitor in the picture hosted on Inferno Film's website, which is linked to from his website and which he claimed to work for. So either he's fabricated his entire e-self, or the desk is his, and Nik is pwned.

I refuse to believe that the ridiculous desk image posted by Trygve is actually his and will continue to refuse to believe until I see a new image of him sitting at the desk holding a sign that says "Yes, Nik, this is my desk."

url]" border="0

youd believe that? if you havent believed all the other evidence, id expect you to decide such a photo was photoshopped.
<<<-not trying to flame you, just making a point.

oh- all of you guys with more than 2 monitors, what are you using to drive them? pci video cards?

Trygve

Golden Member
Aug 1, 2001
Originally posted by: LtPage1

oh- all of you guys with more than 2 monitors, what are you using to drive them? pci video cards?

I'm using two (or more) separate computers. I've got two video systems connected to the monitor on the left (and the video monitor output gets routed to there, too, so I get a lot of use out of the four inputs on the 2001fp). The newer video system has a QuadroFX 1100. The system I do everything but video on has two monitors and that one's using a Quadro4 900XGL.

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999

Here you go.

(It's not a particularly *good* picture, but it is a picture.)

Can I say it?.......:D

FSCKING OWNED! ;):D

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001

Here you go.

"I am Hanz... And I am Franz.... And togeather we will... Pump You Up!!" :D :) j/k

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: SSP

Here you go.

Can I say it?.......:D

FSCKING OWNED! ;):D

roffle my waffle

drum

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003

Desk 1

Desk 2

Let's see yours! :D

Here is a list of my Equipment -

http://www.nlrstudio.com/equip.html

Here is another pic of thge whole room - still not finished with the "install" of the desk, and missing my guitars.

Room Pic

And, dammit, no Norad missle control.............yet :)

i wish i had enough room to set my drums up!

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
So Nik admitted to showing people pics of Trygve's desk and claiming it as his own, and then denying that it was actually Trygve's desk... and then getting owned.

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
So Nik admitted to showing people pics of Trygve's desk and claiming it as his own, and then denying that it was actually Trygve's desk... and then getting owned.

The ownage works on so MANY levels!

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000

Here you go.

bwuahahaha!! :D :D

:beer:

/me tips his hat

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000

Man, it's like the sole reason you guys live is to fvck with me :roll:

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004

Man, it's like the sole reason you guys live is to fvck with me :roll:

Nah, it coulda happened to anybody. :D

By the way, Trygve... I believe you have my staaaaapler. I-I'll s-set the st-studio on fire.

Babbles

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001

Here you go.

That has to be just about the most awesome example of ownage I have seen on ATOT in a long time.