Shoulder is enflamed after workout

Chubbz

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2001
After doing some shoulder exercises, seated dumbbell press, lateral raises and such, my left shoulder is acting up. This has happened before, usually when I do regular shoulder dumbbell presses. Am I doing something wrong? Does it eventually go away? Does it get stronger? Do I just have to avoid it? Do I have to heal it? What can I do-oo? I can't be an ultimate fighter with this shoulder flaming up on me... help fitness, joint, and muscle experts. I guess a doctor maybe. Or Jesus.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html -- They have animated .gifs that usually show the proper form for an exercise.

If your form is okay then I'd say you might be overtraining or possibly not warming up enough. While a warm-up set or two may decrease your reps a bit, it's one of the best ways to avoid injury.

chusteczka

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2006
Like Balt mentioned, use less weight and better form.

Depending on the injury, it could give you problems for the rest of your life.
It is essential to use proper movements to continue training with such an injury.

Xyclone

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Ummm, you are doing rotator cuff exercises... right? A damaged rotator SUCKS, you have to have surgery and stuff, it's horrible. Do rotator cuff exercises every time you do shoulders (at the end). It's like the core of your arms/shoulders, not visible whatsoever.

SludgeFactory

Platinum Member
Sep 14, 2001
It's pretty much impossible to diagnose over the internet. Personally I'd rest it until it's pain free with normal unweighted movement, then start back with very light weight and progress slowly.

Stop masturbating with that arm too.