Should we rename the South China Sea?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
That's up to the nations in that region. If China can intimidate and or buy them out. The USA can try to safeguard them from such tactics, but given the state of our nation I seriously doubt we are capable of seeing through such a concerted effort. Have we, or would we ever, stay a true course long enough to "win"? Half arsed measures or changing our minds every 4-8 years will ensure China's victory.

In a world without us strong and determined.... China fills that void. How do you see a future where they do not win by default?
State of the nation after Trump embarrassed us, I agree.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
That's up to the nations in that region. If China can intimidate and or buy them out. The USA can try to safeguard them from such tactics, but given the state of our nation I seriously doubt we are capable of seeing through such a concerted effort. Have we, or would we ever, stay a true course long enough to "win"? Half arsed measures or changing our minds every 4-8 years will ensure China's victory.

In a world without us strong and determined.... China fills that void. How do you see a future where they do not win by default?
Maybe stop printing endless amounts of money to fund social engineering projects? Maybe that might weaken us less?

• Haha
Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
State of the nation after Trump embarrassed us, I agree.
Trump spent more in one year than all of Obama's years combined. Biden is on pace to far, far outstrip that. How long can this continue? Yeah he's doing a fantastic job all right. Someone needs to reign in this Yellen lady. I'm actually less concerned about Biden than all the leeches that surround him.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Move to China then.

And this is one of the racial apologists' main go-to replies: Leave the country.

NO! Make it better and fairer.

However, it seems too many want to turn the clock back to a time when the demands, needs and wishes of the majority were immediately met, accepted and delivered. The hell with who got hurt, killed or shoved aside.

And so many more just don't care if it's turned back. As long as they get what they want.

Last edited by a moderator:

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
And this is one of the racial apologists' main go-to replies: Leave the country.

However, it seems too many want to turn the clock back to a time when the demand, needs and wishes of the majority were immediately met, accepted and delivered. The hello who got hurt, killed or shoved aside.

And so many more just don't care if it's turned back. As long as they get what they want.
In the name of fairness and betterment, a lot of bad things are done. Just because the majority isn't always right, it doesn't mean that every institution of "old" must be discarded. That's what the modern day leftists are doing. It's going to backfire.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
AmeriKKKa has been a fraud since its founding and will always be one. But, at least the Chinese are upfront with their human rights abuses, not like AmeriKKKa says one thing then does the complete opposite.

At different times, notably in the 1960's, a couple of Democratic presidents tried to address the awful racial animus and rot in the U.S. with varying results.

I still grieve for the many who have marched for Equality and Civil Rights, with some, such as Michigan housewife Viola Liuzzo, losing their lives for standing up for fairness.

Hopefully, this long struggle will never be for naught.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
In the name of fairness and betterment, a lot of bad things are done. Just because the majority isn't always right, it doesn't mean that every institution of "old" must be discarded. That's what the modern day leftists are doing. It's going to backfire.

I never claimed every institution must be discarded.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
How long can this continue?
All signs and theories point to indefinitely. The right hand can just keep taking money from the left hand, as long as the right hand gives money back to the left. And that is what is happening. The 'Debt' is more of a fiction of recordkeeping then a real debt. We borrow from ourselves and then pay ourselves back with interest.

The only real problem is all the crazy in the GOP that thinks we should stop paying the money back to the left hand.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

However, it seems too many want to turn the clock back to a time when the demands, needs and wishes of the majority were immediately met, accepted and delivered. The hell with who got hurt, killed or shoved aside.

You completely missed the context of my reply.

Never mind, you liked the quitters post.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lezunto

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
You completely missed the context of my reply.

Never mind, you liked the quitters post.

You responded to a comment claiming AmeriKKKA has always been a fraud. What do you think that poster meant?

What does the KKK represent?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Maybe stop printing endless amounts of money to fund social engineering projects? Maybe that might weaken us less?

Funny you'd bring that up in the context of China, easily the most successful social engineering project in the history of the world. It's the best govt they've had in hundreds of years. It exists at a much higher level of organization than Jerb Creator Libertopia.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
It's so funny racists love to tell others to move if they don't like something they say about AmeriKKKa.
It's pretty clear you don’t think anything can be done to improve the US and think China is better. So move to China. Why would you stay here if they is what you believe?

I believe China is objectively worse than the US already (cough, cough Uyghurs) and that we have to continue to work better and address the problems we have in this county.

Last edited: