should rich get non-monetary government perks if they end up paying more taxes?

should rich get non-monetary government perks if they end up paying more taxes?

• yes

• no

• they only get free obama phones

Results are only viewable after voting.

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
Should they be granted VIP treatment at publicly funded places?

such as access to carpool lanes, fast access to emergency rooms, children get guaranteed access to classes at public colleges/schools etc...

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
lol whut? Are you really advocating that we further segregate classes of people based on their wealth?

Last edited:

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
lol whut? Are you really advocating that we further segregate classes of people based on their wealth?

if you are going to monetarily penalize citizens for being successful, i think there should be a little incentive for citizens to continue to keep the economy growing.

:biggrin: right?

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

such as access to carpool lanes, fast access to emergency rooms, children get guaranteed access to classes at public colleges/schools etc...

I was under the impression that they get VIP treatment now. ;)

desy

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2000
Their taxes help pay for the system that makes them successfull
Your welcome rich guy, we live in a society

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Their taxes help pay for the system that makes them successfull
Your welcome rich guy, we live in a society

And so why do only rich people have obligations? Why don't the poor have an obligation to attempt to minimize their burden on society (graduate hs, don't have kids out of wedlock, don't do drugs, etc)

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Yeah, because being rich and only owning 3 yachts instead of 4 is so penalized. :rolleyes:

Regardless of your views concerning the "fairness" of the issue, I don't think anyone could possibly make the argument that the rich aren't living in luxury.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006

Give rich people priority in emergency rooms? You can't be serious.

Nov 30, 2006
Another rich people suck thread.

Rather than take measures to promote some semblance of fairness in our society...you advocate that we should penalize those you apparently hate and envy. Good plan! /s

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009
if you are going to monetarily penalize citizens for being successful, i think there should be a little incentive for citizens to continue to keep the economy growing.

:biggrin: right?

Your premise is false (taxes = penalty) -- or at the very least not proven at all other than in the minds of radio talk show hosts-- therefore your conclusion is too.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Yes, they should be able to execute one poor person per year in any humorous manner they can conceive.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The rich already get more than their share of non-monetary priviledges that they corrupted our politicians to acquire.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Poor people live in that same society. Why doesn't it make them successful?

It makes them a lot more successful than other systems. Just think about it, no one in this country starves for want of food. No one. That alone is a huge advantage, let alone our other assistance programs.

The fact that many can't/don't take proper advantage of the system isn't the system's fault.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Give rich people priority in emergency rooms? You can't be serious.

LOL! What makes you think they don't already get that? Even if its not automatic, a few Benjamens to the admin person will get you straight to the top of the list.

Nov 30, 2006
LOL! What makes you think they don't already get that? Even if its not automatic, a few Benjamens to the admin person will get you straight to the top of the list.
That's odd...my daughter's been working in the emergency room for several years and she's never mentioned this particular "triage" practice. But, I didn't think to ask....silly me.

desy

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2000
They just go to the better hospital in the first place
Poor people do benefit, try being poor in Africa, and anytime you feel overwhealmed by being rich go trade w a poor person and see what a great exisitance that is.
Poor people expend a lot more effort just subsistance living, in poverty the cycle is hard to break, just like Mitts kids had a tough time getting away from Harvard.

I don't hate the rich, many could consider me rich, however the game is skewed

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006

Are seriously pulling my leg with this? Name a person with even a single $MILLION$ THAT DOES NOT ENJOY THOSE PERKS NOW?

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
It makes them a lot more successful than other systems. Just think about it, no one in this country starves for want of food. No one. That alone is a huge advantage, let alone our other assistance programs.

The fact that many can't/don't take proper advantage of the system isn't the system's fault.
But here we are talking about charging those who are successful within our system that you claim benefits those more who are not successful.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
That's odd...my daughter's been working in the emergency room for several years and she's never mentioned this particular "triage" practice. But, I didn't think to ask....silly me.

"triage" and admittance are very different things, as your daughter would know if you HAD asked. And if you don't think the adage "money talks and bullshit walks" doesn't apply even in a hospital...... wanna buy a bridge?

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
"triage" and admittance are very different things, as your daughter would know if you HAD asked. And if you don't think the adage "money talks and bullshit walks" doesn't apply even in a hospital...... wanna buy a bridge?
I've always found this particular line of reasoning amusing. Do people get upset at McDonald's for not doling out free food to those who can't pay? Should Banana Republic give you a free sweater if you can't afford one? Should a contractor build you a house if you can't pay for it? A physician has much more invested in his practice than all of the others combined, yet for some reason people presume to demand his services as a right. In the end, everyone dies - even the absurdly wealthy. Why, then, is healthcare supposed to be a right?

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Poor people live in that same society. Why doesn't it make them successful?

Poor life choices?

Sometimes. Sometimes good people with bad luck.

But other times because they are the stupid people? Let's be honest, the below average people go somewhere. Enough reality TV proves that. Not too many Rhodes Scholars in the trailer park.
Not that it makes wealthy people better, or OK to exploit the disadvantaged.