Should people be able to carry knives based on religion?

veryape

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2000
I do not think at any point can we change our rules so people from other countries can carry knifes when our own citizens are not allowed to do so.

Sorry if you disagree but you can always go to where you came from if practicing your religion is that important to you. This is America and we reserve the rights as Americans to deny you the right to carry a dangerous weapon,even when its not wartime.

I'm tired of this crap from foreigners(I know this sounds very predjudice and to me it is not about race)complaining that their rights are being violated when they are not allowed to do as they do in their home countries. Why are they here then?

This guy who was apprehended and detained for a short time is actually suing for racial profiling. This happened in my home town of Providence. I am so pissed right now. He lawyered up minutes after being released and is suing for millions no doubt.:| Where does he get off? We are looking for terrorists for gods sake.

End of rant

BTW,answer the poll

Aug 14, 2001
I didn't even know that Sikh people had to carry around knives...maybe the guy was carrying the knife around to protect himself from all of the lunatics out there right now trying to get "revenge" on innocent people.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Are you saying the guy on the train was carrying a knife? That Sikh Indian? Your post is too vague.

arcain

Oct 9, 1999
What does religion have to do with anything?

Knives are tools first. And are legal to carry as such. The law prohibits the carry of knives as weapons (offensive and defensive).

Knives in general should not be banned. In certain places they are banned today(courts, etc), and the addition of new places is acceptable.

Many people depend on knives as tools and carry them constantly (ie stagehands).

veryape

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2000
Yes,thats what i'm saying. I guess i assume you guys read the news.

This guy says he has the right to carry the knife because his religion mandates it. READ THE NEWS!!

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
If he was carrying a knife, he was probably carrying it for defense. Didn't you read about all of those people that ran after the police car that they put him in threatening to kill him, etc? I bet that if something like that happened to you, you would be like WTF. If the police didn't charge him for carrying a knife, then he didn't do anything wrong. If I was one of those people that were running after him threatening to kill him, etc. I would be so ashamed of myself now.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Sh*t no. If you want to wear special clothing or bow to meca 5 times a day thats fine. Do it all you like. Carrying religious knives is horse sh*t.

Nemesis77

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
Doesn't everyone make big noise how US Constitution says that citizens are allowed to carry guns. But now they couldn't carry knives?

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001

<< Yes,thats what i'm saying. I guess i assume you guys read the news.

This guy says he has the right to carry the knife because his religion mandates it. READ THE NEWS!!
>>

Is he suing over the right to have a knife? Or is he suing because he was wrongfully taken?

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
i'd like to say that your poll is extremely biased. You cannot get an accurate view on what people say if you totally denounce the view you are against.

Also, i say, no it is a danger to us all.

SpongeBob

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2001
Doesn't everyone make big noise how US Constitution says that citizens are allowed to carry guns. But now they couldn't carry knives?

Yeah, these people saying no better not be the usual 2nd Amendment rights trumpeters. Personally, I don't think people should be able to carry any kind of concealed weapon, you never know when someone who was once sane, and able to obtain a concealed weapon permit is gonna snap and start picking people off.

Elita1

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2000
Forgive an ignoramus, here, but what religion states that one must carry a knife for spiritual purposes??

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Well, I think the knife-carrying part of the suit is ridiculous. I didn't even know Sikhs carried knives with them. I would think that it would be a belief that isn't followed anymore.

I can't really judge him on the other part of the suit. I know I would be upset with hundreds of people chasing after me screaming for my death when I didn't even do anything wrong.

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
HELLO!!! People!!! Have you seen the photos and/or training videos of these terrorist factions? They don't wear turbans like the Indian people do. This guy was no more a threat to our safety than any Texan who carries a knife. Just because he looked like he's from the middle east means he's an American hating terrorist now? A fair amount of the people I went to school with in California look just like that guy. We absolutely cannot think that someone who "fit's the description" is a terrorist. That is what they want, they want us always watching our backs. You my friends are all condoning racial profiling. Don't let me find the time to dig up your previous postings against racial profiling and throw it back in your face. Stop this, it's insane.

Thegonagle

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
Not where others are not allowed to carry them.

A religious knife? Like Skoorb said, that's horsesh!+.

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000

<< No opinion,i'm a pussy who is afraid to voice my opinion!!! >>

There's my option, fsckhead.

db

Lifer
Dec 6, 1999
When there is a real potential threat to the lives of others, expecially onboard an airplane which is a federal jurisdiction, the law preventing that supercedes the right of religious expression.
There's a huge difference between being able to cut the throat of a pilot flying an airplane and just wandering around in public with your knife hanging on a necklace.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
You need to add another choice to your poll:

d: I think the author of this poll is a right fvckwit and needs to actually explain wtf he is talking about when he puts up a poll.

veryape

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2000
Its no biased. It states the exactfacts and gives options for anyones stance.

Heyu LordMaul,GO FVCK YOURSELF,PUSSY
I love you tough guys who act all tough on a computer. Grow up.