Should liberals undergo hypnotherapy?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
On what grounds specifically? And should others guilty of the same offence be banned as well?

I would think pushing for the murder of a medical doctor, over a legal procedure would be enough,... but, I'm new here - so, I am not sure.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Yes, and yes.

While I approve the basic idea, it would get dull fast if implemented.
We don't seem able to achieve a happy medium around here. It's either the puss filled wound that is P&N, or the completely sterile Discussion Club.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I see that Anarchist has passed the torch of stupid thread starter to you TH. Congratulations?

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
A man shoots a teenager over loud music. A man shoots a drunk woman looking for help at 2am (after he opened the door). A man shoots a bunch of kids for egging his car.

And, there are sensationalist stories on these very forums on a raped male teen being forced to pay child support.

Also, how men are being forced to do all sorts of things they should not - like birth control, taking responsibility for their own kids, etc.

Yeah - liberals are totally projecting themselves on when offering their thoughts on these actions - because these are totally NOT psychotic raging fool actions. These are the actions of normal "Good Ol'Boys".

Thanks for clearing that up.
I'm sorry, at times my sarcasm is very dry. I was let's say joking ;) :eek:

I actually think liberals are as insane--but no more than--conservatives or any other group that we all identify with. I doubt hypnotherapy will change much of anything.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
I would think pushing for the murder of a medical doctor, over a legal procedure would be enough,... but, I'm new here - so, I am not sure.

You seem to have missed the heart of that thread.

If it is ok to kill terrorist who plot to kill US citizens, what makes abortion doctors any different?

I then laid out 4 similarities between terrorist and abortion providers.

The government should not pick and choose who lives and who dies. Our right to due process is supposed to protect us from an overzealous government.

Like you said, you are new here. Go look through my posting history.

I believe all life should be protected. The key word there is "all" life. Whether it is an unborn child, or a terrorist, we have a basic human right to life.

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
Shrug? Why the desire for a ban?

There are more genuinely repulsive folks in these forums than Texas. Certainly many more that are intellectual cripples. In my mind, Texas is sometimes right, often wrong, but otherwise not offensive.

radtechtips

Feb 12, 2013
Shrug? Why the desire for a ban?

There are more genuinely repulsive folks in these forums than Texas. Certainly many more that are intellectual cripples. In my mind, Texas is sometimes right, often wrong, but otherwise not offensive.

*cough*elite retard*cough*

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
The government should not pick and choose who lives and who dies. Our right to due process is supposed to protect us from an overzealous government.

So you're against the death penalty and support Obamacare, right?

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
Do you have anything better to do?

This is my problem with TH most of the time.

I come in here to TRY to have educated, non-threatening debates that are indeed opinion based, but backed up with fact and research.

It seems that certain people (on either side of the aisle) come in here just to create a ruckus, as they seem to have nothing else important going on in their lives.

This thread has absolutely no political, scholarly or otherwise dignified merit to it, and is a total waste of time.

The last thread TH started did actually ask a reasonable question, however being the typical TH, dug himself into a hole and is still fighting his way back out of the hypocrisy filled void that he generally falls in. It's like the guy sits around all day thinking of ways to try and bash the other side, inside of trying to find compromises between his views and others. This is why bipartisanism exists; people like this have thoughts such as expressed within the OP and will never help this country.

Last edited:

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
You seem to have missed the heart of that thread.

You seemed to miss the most imporant part; you don't kill anyone.

And, you don't threaten or allude to kill anyone.

If it's a situation where your life and the life of your loved ones is at risk, by all means, kill. But, you have no right to place a death warrant on anyone. You are a citizen. And, supposidly someone who claims to respect the law, look out for the innocent and do what is just.

It's bullshit. You are full of self loathing crap. And, you do the opposite. You do not respect life. You do not look out for the innocent. And, you clearly do not do what is just. You are a diseased coward. Cooking up all sorts of fantasies, based on your own fears an self loathing.

You are sick in the head and what you sow, is what you will reap.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
So you're against the death penalty and support Obamacare, right?

Negative.

The state has the right to execute a person who has received due process, and a trial by jury.

The government has no authority over the people, except when the people grant the government permission. That permission comes in the form of a jury.

The problem is, people blindly follow the law and the instructions of the judge. By doing so, the jury has become a puppet to the government.

There are three branches of government, but there is a forth branch nobody talks about. That forth branch is the jury. The jury is separate and equal to all other branches combined. There is no law that says the jury has to decide or vote a certain way.

A jury is free to form its own verdict without influence from the other three branches of government. That is a true separation of power from the government and to the people.

The only time the government can rule the people is when the jury consents.

You do not respect life.

You sir are full of crap.

Last edited:

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
You sir are full of crap.

Right - keep on telling us how medical doctors should be murdered, children kept off of life saving vaccinations and now how people should be mind controlled.

Get your fucking head together - otherwise, the innocents around you will suffer for your stupidity and ill mannered attempts at "fixing" what you think is wrong with the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.