Should "K2" be illegal nationwide? I think so.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Missourri recently became the 8th state to ban this curiously strong herbal substance, and I hope our Kenyan American president decides to outlaw this "incense" :rolleyes: nationwide. I reason life is pretty much a trip already, you dont need to take a substance to alter your perception of it, just recognize whats already there and dwell on it - for a long time. Then when you need to come back reality, just tell yourself "its all good" and thats all there is to it. No drugs needed whatsover.

I think we should make opinions like yours illegal. Your opinion does nothing to alter reality, just your perception of it. So obviously your opinion is not needed whatsoever, right?

/sarcasm (just in case your meter is broken)

TruePaige

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2006
Every thread you post makes me think you a more of a dumbass.

"Kenyan American" and expanding the drug war.

Troll-tastic.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Every thread you post makes me think you a more of a dumbass.

"Kenyan American" and expanding the drug war.

Troll-tastic.

Hey I just call it like I see it brotha. And our president is Kenyan American. Why is that so difficult to accept or understand? Its irrefutable (go ahead, try).

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I think we should make opinions like yours illegal. Your opinion does nothing to alter reality, just your perception of it. So obviously your opinion is not needed whatsoever, right?

/sarcasm (just in case your meter is broken)

I see the logic in your thinking, in a twisted way. Outlawing opinions would help reign in those on the fringes of society - you know - drug users and such. They are usually high when they come up with things like legalization and taxation of their habit.

Last edited:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I see the logic in your thinking, in a twisted way. Outlawing opinions would help reign in those on the fringes of society - you know - drug users and such. They are usually high when they come up with things like legalization and taxation of their habit.
Or Christianity. Think of all the wackos we could reign in if we made that illegal.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
“Give strong drink to the one who is perishing, and wine to those in bitter distress; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more” (Prov. 31:6-7; ESV).

Whether K2 should be freely available or not is an issue I dunno much about, but as for People having access to substances that temporarily alter their consciousness, that's a whole other issue. The Religious, mostly, have turned it into a "Bad/Immoral" activity, hence the Bible quote. However, one must look at the bigger picture when deciding on the issue.

For most People, perhaps All, TV, Movies, Music, and the like do essentially the same thing as Alcohol and other Recreational Drugs. Those exposed to some more Fundamentalist Christian Teaching are all too aware of how the more legalistic lump those activities into the same category as Alcohol and Drugs even. The OP reminds me of them very much and I suspect the OP has a Worldview at odds with most of the rest of us, a Worldview that shuns the "Pleasures of the Flesh", a very old Practice that has existed for Millenia and amongst countless Religions in Cultures the World over. It's the idea that Enlightenment and/or Eternal Reward comes at the expense of Denial of Pleasure in this existence.

There are some Practical results of this Denial. The most important being that those completely absorbed with Pleasure could, and sometimes do, go so far that they become Unproductive to Society and even a Danger to their own existence. So Denial helps prevent that, but at the same time it puts them at odds with their own Nature. That is to experience Pleasure, at least on occasion. This often makes them Bitter, Judgmental of Others, and, all too often evident in Theocracies, retributive to those who seek and satisfy their desire for Pleasure.

That said, there are Practical reasons for allowing People to pursue Pleasure as well. I think that Biblical Proverb sums it up quite well, it helps People to Cope. It's one thing to Deny yourself these things, but quite another to Deny others these things. You really don't know what the consequences(actually we do, Alcohol Prohibition and War on Drugs shows part of it) of denying their Coping Mechanism(s). Our very Pleasant existence in the West primarily exists due to a Live and Let Live attitude that has arisen due to Public Secularism and a minimization of the influence of Public Religion(afaik I coined those terms, so don't bother arguing they don't exist..probably could have used a more commonly used term, but whateva). If you really want to see the OP's attitudes in action, pick up a History Book or checkout the Middle East/Africa and see how they Live.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Hey I just call it like I see it brotha. And our president is Kenyan American. Why is that so difficult to accept or understand? Its irrefutable (go ahead, try).

He has one Kenyan parent of two, but that isn't the point. Other Presidents have ancestral countries as well. We all do. The Kennedys were originally from Ireland, but no one referred to JFK as "our Irish American President." The fact is, you chose to put that word into your description of Obama because you want it emphasized for reasons of your own. For some reason, it is significant to you that he has a Kenyan parent.

- wolf

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Legalization is not an option. Treating crack babies and throwing meth heads in the cooler is only solution. We need to nip K2 in the "bud" before it becomes a crises.
Legalization is the only logical option. Prohibition of intoxicants has never been successful, unless you think the objective was to promote criminal enterprises.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
He has one Kenyan parent of two, but that isn't the point. Other Presidents have ancestral countries as well. We all do. The Kennedys were originally from Ireland, but no one referred to JFK as "our Irish American President." The fact is, you chose to put that word into your description of Obama because you want it emphasized for reasons of your own. For some reason, it is significant to you that he has a Kenyan parent.

- wolf
I don't like hyphenated Americans, but if we must have them, let us agree that only those who have immigrated should bear that tag. People born here should always be just Americans. (Unless of course they were born to sneaky illegal mofos. . .)

Nemesis - I like World Net Daily myself, and that's an interesting article. But WND is like Coast to Coast, it's unwise to take it too seriously. In any event Obama's birth status is like the 2000 election, of interest only as a curiosity.

Last edited:

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I don't like hyphenated Americans, but if we must have them, let us agree that only those who have immigrated should bear that tag. People born here should always be just Americans. (Unless of course they were born to sneaky illegal mofos. . .)

Shouldn't People decide what they want to call themselves? You know, like have Freedom and shit.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Shouldn't People decide what they want to call themselves? You know, like have Freedom and shit.

Not if they piss me off. LOL

My new policy is that any time someone demands to be addressed as a hyphenated American, I demand that they refer to me only as an Awesome-American. Freedom's for everyone, right? But in any case this is a third party attribution; The Messiah does not refer to himself as a Kenyan-American, at least to my knowledge, so in this case it's how we style people rather than how they style themselves.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Not if they piss me off. LOL

My new policy is that any time someone demands to be addressed as a hyphenated American, I demand that they refer to me only as an Awesome-American. Freedom's for everyone, right? But in any case this is a third party attribution; The Messiah does not refer to himself as a Kenyan-American, at least to my knowledge, so in this case it's how we style people rather than how they style themselves.

:D

good point

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
I'm not going to smoke it until it's been proven beyond a reasonable doubt that there is no serious side effects to ones health now or in the future.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006

Nemesis - I like World Net Daily myself, and that's an interesting article. But WND is like Coast to Coast, it's unwise to take it too seriously. In any event Obama's birth status is like the 2000 election, of interest only as a curiosity.

Ya I don't really care one way or another . I didn't vote for him or against him . But it is the first time I didn't vote for president in 36 years. I only did local that election.
As for some things in here calling him a Kenyan American is fine . But it bruises some people . I assume they be the same ones who called him thee Messiah . LOL. The Nazarene

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
Wow, never heard of this one... am I getting old?

:(

K2 is a synthetic replacement for pot, the chemicals used to replace THC are made in China and unregulated in the US. The problem with it is that you don't know how potent it is going to be, I know people who have tried and it basically put them in a catatonic state for hours. Also, like some other people mentioned I don't think the full effect of the chemicals used has been fully researched. I don't really think it should be illegal, but there should probably be some regulation to try to control the potency of it.

Also I have to lol at the anti-drug people in here, I bet you guys drink 5 or 6 bud lights every night, have fun with that garbage.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Also I have to lol at the anti-drug people in here, I bet you guys drink 5 or 6 bud lights every night, have fun with that garbage.

None since July 2008 for health reasons. It would be nice to enjoy a Guiness playing pool or a lime margarita with steak fajitas again.

As long as you dont think about it, its like its not even there. :eek:

Oct 30, 2004
Missourri recently became the 8th state to ban this curiously strong herbal substance, and I hope our Kenyan American president decides to outlaw this "incense" :rolleyes: nationwide. I reason life is pretty much a trip already, you dont need to take a substance to alter your perception of it, just recognize whats already there and dwell on it - for a long time. Then when you need to come back reality, just tell yourself "its all good" and thats all there is to it. No drugs needed whatsover.

Who are you to tell other people what they can and cannot put into their bodies? Are you claiming ownership over other people's lives? In your view, should the government own everyone's life? Do you also think we should have laws telling people what kinds of movies to watch and what kind of religion to worship?

If someone uses K2, how does it hurt me? If someone uses K2 will I be shot or robbed?

I say let's end consensual "crimes" and save the government money. Let's just legalize marijuana, K2, and prostitution, and perhaps the other drugs as well and tax them. The tax revenue could be used to fund programs to help the addicts of hard drugs.

Oct 30, 2004
Everyone wants drugs to be legal, but it has by products like crack babies and meth heads.

The solution in that case is to forcibly sterilize the women having crack babies since they cannot care for them responsibly, not to continue a wasteful and failed campaign to end drug use. By legalizing these substances the government can take control of them and wrest control away from the drug dealers.

Therefore we should strive to be clean and pure as the wind driven snow. It will reap the most benefits to us individually and society as a whole.

Does that also include worshiping a Christian God? Should alcohol also be made illegal? As far as I know far more people die from drunk driving than from marijuana.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Everyone wants drugs to be legal, but it has by products like crack babies and meth heads. So Im afraid this wont be possible, not in our lifetime at least. Therefore we should strive to be clean and pure as the wind driven snow. It will reap the most benefits to us individually and society as a whole.

olololol and you are going to impose your beliefs on the rest of us? There is one thing worst then a bible thumper and that's a pro drug war fascist.