Should "K2" be illegal nationwide? I think so.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
In 42 years on this planet I've never tried any form of illegal drugs, never even smoked a single cigarette. I still feel we should legalize drugs, regulate, tax them and remove the criminal element from the equation.

I didn't always feel this way, but then I see all the harm caused by the illegal drug trade and our attempts to police it, and figure legalizing it is by far the lesser of two evils. Plus I tire of our nanny state attempts to tell people what to do. Let's put a bit of the old natural selection process back into life.

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
Legalization is not an option. Treating crack babies and throwing meth heads in the cooler is only solution. We need to nip K2 in the "bud" before it becomes a crises.
smileydance.gif

The current "solution" generally hasn't been working very well at all. A big problem with the illicit drugs is that because they're illegal, many users are afraid to mention their use to anyone, including medical professionals; this prevents them from being provided with the information and opportunity to appropriately address their addiction.

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
So if we elect a hispanic as president, he cant be referred to as Mexican American anymore? Our president is of Kenyan descent. Everyone knows this.

Yes, yes, everything you say is technically true, but you made your "Kenyan American" comment to provoke a response and it's does detract from any legitimate point you may have been trying to make. You can't make juvenile comments and still expect to sit at the adult table during the conversation.

Dirigible

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2006
Yes, yes, everything you say is technically true, but you made your "Kenyan American" comment to provoke a response and it's does detract from any legitimate point you may have been trying to make. You can't make juvenile comments and still expect to sit at the adult table during the conversation.

OP gave up his place at the adult table long ago. Now he lives under a bridge.

mrjminer

Platinum Member
Dec 2, 2005

He can't state facts and expect to sit at the adult table? I think you should have said "you can't expect to sit at the adult table during the conversation if you get angry and throw a tantrum when someone presents you with the truth."

Last edited by a moderator:

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Is this K2 dangerous? Is it a threat to the country?
Is it so dangerous that it's worth considering making people who use it into criminals?
What sort of other crimes are the users of this "dangerous" herb commuting?
What logical reason is there to control this substance?

<crickets>

scott916

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2005
It is a SCOURGE on our country! It's directly comparable to crack and meth, we could have K2 babies and K2 heads! As opposed to FAS babies and alcoholics, but that NEVER happens. :rolleyes:

kalrith

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2005
Ever heard of fetal alcohol syndrome? Abusive alcoholics? DWI fatailities?

Ban alcohol. :rolleyes:

OP, you seem to have glossed over this post, so I'll quote it and await your response.

If the reason for illegalizing crack is to keep from having crack babies, then we need to illegalize alcohol for the same reason. We all know how well prohibition works!

Dirigible

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2006
Is this K2 dangerous? Is it a threat to the country?
Is it so dangerous that it's worth considering making people who use it into criminals?
What sort of other crimes are the users of this "dangerous" herb commuting?
What logical reason is there to control this substance?

<crickets>

Are you thinking of the children, BurnItDwn? I don't think you're thinking of the children. Think of the children!

THE CHILDREN! THINK OF THEM!!!!!

Ok. Good.

Now go pass some dumb law.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000

I feel you. The other day I was reading the Yahoo Message Boards and over there he is referred to as "President Matumbe". :eek:

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Are you thinking of the children, BurnItDwn? I don't think you're thinking of the children. Think of the children!

THE CHILDREN! THINK OF THEM!!!!!

Ok. Good.

Now go pass some dumb law.

Are you suggesting we make children Illegal?
Have you met any children? Some of them seem really irresponsible.

My sister has one, she's about 18 months old and makes a big mess, craps herself, and doesn't clean up anything at all. She's quite the trouble maker. Perhaps we should ban children!

Whadya say Felix?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Everyone wants drugs to be legal, but it has by products like crack babies and meth heads. So Im afraid this wont be possible, not in our lifetime at least. Therefore we should strive to be clean and pure as the wind driven snow. It will reap the most benefits to us individually and society as a whole.
It has those by-products whether it is legal or not.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I think I accidentally voted yes :^(

People who wish to infringe on the freedoms of others should be put in concentration camps. Hard work should help clarify their thoughts, and allow them to focus on what's important in life.

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
No, it should not be "banned" nation wide.

Each state should decide what is in its own best interest and outlaw it as they see fit.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Sure, ban so when can lose the so-called 'war on drugs' on yet another front, while at the same time empowering those controlling the illegal distribution of it.

For that matter, why don't we reenact prohibition.

Dirigible

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2006
Are you suggesting we make children Illegal?
Have you met any children? Some of them seem really irresponsible.

My sister has one, she's about 18 months old and makes a big mess, craps herself, and doesn't clean up anything at all. She's quite the trouble maker. Perhaps we should ban children!

Whadya say Felix?

Now we're getting somewhere. Children cause all sorts of problems. Good thinking, BurnItDwn!!!

TwinsenTacquito

Apr 1, 2010
I think we should go out of our ways to try to make it harder for others to do what they want in life. If we ban enough things, their lives will be as lonely as ours. Yay authoritarians, hold hands and cry.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Missourri recently became the 8th state to ban this curiously strong herbal substance, and I hope our Kenyan American president decides to outlaw this "incense" :rolleyes: nationwide. I reason life is pretty much a trip already, you dont need to take a substance to alter your perception of it, just recognize whats already there and dwell on it - for a long time. Then when you need to come back reality, just tell yourself "its all good" and thats all there is to it. No drugs needed whatsover.

Fast-food diets are very unhealthy. McDonalds et al should be banned.

Last edited:

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
so the dopers found something else to make them dizzy. what else is new.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
I stopped reading at the bolded part. Comments like that detract from whatever value there may be in your opinion.

Oh, and for the record, I am not a big Obama fan either, but phrases like that make you sound like you are from the lunatic fringe.

I don't know the facts but this is really weird stuff.

Notice on his so called Birth certificiat. His fathers name.

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=165041

Who is Barry Soetoro--- Obama.

Who is his father I know what that piece of paper says which is not a legal document. Look at your own .

Lolo Soetoro is his fathers name. Step father Muslum

Ann Dunham is his Mothers name .

Seems K2 is not the only thing thats should be made illegal

Last edited: