Should Internet content be regulated?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
What about moving all sexually explicit sites to a .sex top level domain? I agree with that piece of regulation. Just as any local town or city has zoning regulations as far as where a nudie bar or adult book store can go, I don't see the problem with enforcing, world-wide, that all sexually explicit content be "moved" into the .sex top level domain naming system.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Should it be regulated? Absolutely not. Will it be regulated? Absolutely. A few years ago I really thought the Internet was too vast to really regulate and control. Not so. We're seeing it happen before our eyes. Governments everywhere are grabbing a hold of everything they can, legislators can't wait to jump in and start further legislating the 'net, corporations are jumping in with full force to protect their 'rights' and perceived property at the expense of individuals..... you betcha, the 'net as a good red-tape free training wheel free censorship free zone is long gone.