Should I use wifi or mobile hotspot for security?

Merkoloonc43

Oct 26, 2022
Hello everyone. Will I be safer if I use my mobile phone's hotspot or wifi modem as the internet?

I've read a few articles about it, that's why I'm asking.

Obviously I prefer to use hotspot because I already have my own wifi modem but I want to use hotspot as a second wifi.

I have some privacy fears, I would appreciate it if you could help me with this.

question: if I use a mobile phone as a hotspot and if I get hacked, can the hacker access my mobile number?

(As far as I know, the hacker can access photos, files, etc. in the phone, but it does not write anything about the number.)

Let's say the hacker was able to access my phone number.

Can the hacker access my credentials (SSN etc.) from my phone number,

and then the actual internet that I use from that credentials?
(too paranoid I know, sorry for that :D)

Another question: I've already learned some information I need to do to avoid this: Use SIM lock etc. Do you have any safety advice?

Merkoloonc43

Oct 26, 2022
Hello everyone. Will I be safer if I use my mobile phone's hotspot or wifi modem as the internet?

I've read a few articles about it, that's why I'm asking.

Obviously I prefer to use hotspot because I already have my own wifi modem but I want to use hotspot as a second wifi.

I have some privacy fears, I would appreciate it if you could help me with this.

question: if I use a mobile phone as a hotspot and if I get hacked, can the hacker access my mobile number?

(As far as I know, the hacker can access photos, files, etc. in the phone, but it does not write anything about the number.)

Let's say the hacker was able to access my phone number.

Can the hacker access my credentials (SSN etc.) from my phone number,

and then the actual internet that I use from that credentials?
(too paranoid I know, sorry for that :D)

Another question: I've already learned some information I need to do to avoid this: Use SIM lock etc. Do you have any safety advice?

Another question. Can the applications (antivirus, etc.) installed in the computer that I connect my hotspot, can that apps get my informations (photos etc.) in my phone?