Should I turn on the heat, or should I tough it out?

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
Make a fire...

EDIT: Wow, a low of 70 tonight. Nice. Should make the morning nice and cool for at least a few hours.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
What a wuss. I would love the temp to get down to 35 overnight. Last time I was in Colorado in the summer it was that temp overnight and I was sleeping with the window open and no heat.

Oct 25, 2006
I can't wait for winter. I like having my 5 mile runs in 20 degree weather wearing only a t shirt and shorts. My parents/neighbors/friends think I'm crazy. I probably am. But its fun. I hate overheating.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Put a shirt on;).

Seriously, I get annoyed when people in the house go crazy when it gets cooler: "OMFG, it's gonna be 5 C tonight, close the windows! Put a sweater on! Do you need a heater? Oh, btw, it'll be back to 18 C in the afternoon." Don't even get me started on the b!tching cause I wear a t-shirt through winter and feel fine.

In the end, it's your money and comfort and house.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Originally posted by: tenshodo13
I can't wait for winter. I like having my 5 mile runs in 20 degree weather wearing only a t shirt and shorts. My parents/neighbors/friends think I'm crazy. I probably am. But its fun. I hate overheating.

Im with ya there ;)

Some of my friends on my college XC team called me the polar bear. In 4 years I NEVER wore pants to run in, and anyone living in the Chicagoland area will know what kind of cold my legs toughed out ;). For some reason my legs dont get 'cold'. /shrug

CDC Mail Guy

Golden Member
May 2, 2005
I live near the AZ border in the CA desert, and it's still in the high 100s. Would LOVE to see low 30s at night!

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006

What the hell is wrong with you people?

If it gets below 60 here we are trading "layering" tips. Who goes outside in 20 degree temps on purpose?

Oct 25, 2006
Originally posted by: Darwin333

If it gets below 60 here we are trading "layering" tips. Who goes outside in 20 degree temps on purpose?

In my house, which is located in New York, my thermostat is always kept at 57 degrees in the winter. No matter what. It never gets touched. I walk around in my boxers.

I'm love cold

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006

In my house, which is located in New York, my thermostat is always kept at 57 degrees in the winter. No matter what. It never gets touched. I walk around in my boxers.

I'm love cold

57 degrees INSIDE your home?!? Are you serious?

I don't allow it to drop below 70 in my home. I can feel a HUGE difference between 70 and 67. 57 is like a walk in cooler and I have refrigerators for that stuff.

Oct 25, 2006

I'm love cold

I don't allow it to drop below 70 in my home. I can feel a HUGE difference between 70 and 67. 57 is like a walk in cooler and I have refrigerators for that stuff.

Yeah. 57. At the very highest, Ill have it at 65. Its way too warm in the house over that. I hate the summer with a passion. I also hate spring.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
Originally posted by: userman
First of all, go rub your vagina for warmth.

Second. If you are cold turn the heat up.

I just dribbled whiskey out my nose.

Xyclone

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004

I'm love cold

Yeah. 57. At the very highest, Ill have it at 65. Its way too warm in the house over that. I hate the summer with a passion. I also hate spring.

Got a little extra "winter insulation" there? :p

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
And here's me debating if I should turn the fan on at night--it helps with sleeping. :p

Modular

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2005
OP must be in the Chicagoland area? We are supposed to be 35. I'm on beer # 4 and getting ready for the cigar!

Oct 25, 2006
Originally posted by: Xyclone

I'm love cold

Got a little extra "winter insulation" there? :p

I guess, but who cares?