Should I take a drivers course? Or should I not

datdamkid

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2003
Should I take a drivers course? I'm 15 right now, I'll be 16 in November so that way I'll have my permit, but Should I take a Drivers Ed or anything like that? I'm reading over the book, and I know most of the stuff in it, but I don't know if I shuold spend the 60 bucks for the class. Its alot of work especially because its 3 nights for 2 hrs, and I don't have much time....But if it is worth it I'll have to fit it in to my busy life :)

datdamkid

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Tinkerhell
I know in CT,if you go to it, you get your liscense faster

Really? I might have to check that out. And FleshLight, I don't think it is required in the state of PA.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
u might be able to get a cheaper insurance rate if u do. i know in NJ u do atleast. so take it. it can only help

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Might be able to get cheaper insurance rate, the effort and money now could have an impact on any future accidents which could in the end save more money/time. I got my license about a month ago and it's about 6 months earlier than if I didn't take the course

MillionaireNextDoor

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2000
You can just enroll in a driver's ed class at your high school. I believe it's much cheaper than going to a private driving school.

-MiND

datdamkid

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2003
Originally posted by: AgaBooga
Might be able to get cheaper insurance rate, the effort and money now could have an impact on any future accidents which could in the end save more money/time. I got my license about a month ago and it's about 6 months earlier than if I didn't take the course

How old are you? Your still 15 and have your License That would be awesome.

Oct 9, 1999
YES!

your being a typical 16 yr old.. not everyone can learn from books.. only a choice few can put that into play..

its 60 bucks.. go take it.. and then save a life by being a responsible driver.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
For the saftey of the rest of us on the road, please do.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
2hs for 3 nights? OMG, I would have killed for that when I took drivers ed. I had the option of something like 3 hours a day after school for 3 weeks or 1 week of 8-2 drivers ed in the summer.

JustAnAverageGuy

Diamond Member
Aug 1, 2003
I had 10-3 drivers ed for two weeks. Seeing as how I never drove a car previously in my life, it was definitly worth it.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: datdamkid
Originally posted by: AgaBooga

How old are you? Your still 15 and have your License That would be awesome.

I'm 16, but in Indiana you have to be 16 and 6 or 7 months if you don't take driver's ed. Not that big of a deal for many people, but taking driver's ed teaches you stuff you may have not otherwise realised. I'd reccomend taking it, if it saves a life I'm sure you'd be willing to spend $60 towards someone's life.