Should I rely on GeForce Experience?

Xuanne

Jun 16, 2016
Hi guys.

I recently got a new computer with an i7-6700k and a GTX1080. I am currently still on my old 27" 1080p 60Hz screen, for which this combination of parts is obviously overkill (probably getting a 1440p 144Hz screen at the end of the year).

Initially after setting up everything, I started up Dragon Age Inquisition at max settings ("Fade touched" textures, 4x MSAA, etc.) and played for a bit. Then I went back to desktop and looked at GeForce Experience.

Strangely, the application told me that the "optimized" settings were only "High" for some and "Ultra" for others, with MSAA turned off. How is this considered optimal?

I am just wondering if I should continue to rely on GeForce Experience for configuring my game settings for me, or should I just do it myself. Your input would be highly appreciated, thanks :)

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
that depends on whether you have patience for tweaking the settings (you could also get into INI file tweaks), and perhaps more importantly - can you even notice the differences between the various settings.

if you answered "yes" on both questions, then you don't need GFE.
the GFE will set you up with settings that wouldn't necessarily make the game look best, but will surely make nVidia look best ;)

you should strive for 60FPS mins, and then pile on the graphical extras as long as you can keep those mins.

Xuanne

Jun 16, 2016
that depends on whether you have patience for tweaking the settings (you could also get into INI file tweaks), and perhaps more importantly - can you even notice the differences between the various settings.

if you answered "yes" on both questions, then you don't need GFE.
the GFE will set you up with settings that wouldn't necessarily make the game look best, but will surely make nVidia look best ;)

you should strive for 60FPS mins, and then pile on the graphical extras as long as you can keep those mins.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too... I doubt that I will have any problems with achieving 60 fps for the foreseeable future, at least until I up my resolution lol.

Dribble

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2005
With that machine and a 1080p screen you can just set everything to max all of the time.

Xuanne

Jun 16, 2016
With that machine and a 1080p screen you can just set everything to max all of the time.

Funnily enough, with a fully modded Skyrim + ENB, it stutters occasionally :D

Also ran out of texture space I think, character textures sometimes turn pure black. Though that might be the 4GB VRAM limit in Windows 10 that I heard of.