should I manually delete the soundblaster entries from my registry?

AG73

Jan 2, 2001
I just removed my soundblaster live value from my win2k box, and went through the standard "uninstall soundblaster drivers" routine. I then installed a turtle beach santa cruz card, which works nicely with mp3's and dvd's, though I haven't quite optimized it to games yet. I was looking through my registry and found several folders which still have folders named "creative" or "creative tech." !!!
Should I manually remove these folders? Would this make my games sound better? Should I just leave them alone?

relevant system specs:

turtle beach santa cruz 4112 drivers
win2k
athlon 950/ pcchips m807 kt133 board
256 MB ram pc133
radeon LE @ 183/183
via 4 in 1's v 4.29

NuovoTech

Oct 9, 1999
>Would this make my games sound better? Should I just leave them alone?

Should not really make a difference either way, but do back up your registry if ya decide 2 delete them keys...

Orcish - What planet U from?

ShadowFox

Nov 26, 2001
if you do decide to delete them, do it with RegCleaner (makes backup entries just in case)

tristramshandy

Jan 11, 2000
RegCleaner is a great idea if you don't have any other application cleaning utilities.

RegCleaner free download

OR if you've got Norton Systemworks, there is an orphan-finder and a large-scale registry sweep, which are both very effective.

AG73

Jan 2, 2001
you guys rock!!! I used Regcleaner (thanks for the tip and the link), and removed all of the Creative files, and much to my amazement, Unreal Tournament sounds MUCH better! If I had to pin down one culprit, it would be the Creative EAX files for Unreal, which are now gone.

thanks again
AG