Should I get the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4?

baydude

Sep 13, 2011
I’m looking for an Android tablet and read the reviews for the S4 and so far it seems pretty negative. A lot of people saying it’s overpriced for what you get. I want something decent and somewhat the latest n great. Although the S4 is within my budget, I don’t wanna overpay for something that’s not worth it. Anyone have the S4 and would recommend? Or is there an alternative that is recommended?

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
I think Samsung has the best screens so I would go with a Samsung tablet. S4 is way too expensive IMO. Maybe a S3?

I have the original Tab S 8.4 and 10.5 and as media consumption devices they are amazing. As long as they don't die I will stick with these as I prefer the 16:10 aspect ratio. Once the ST becomes more reasonable in price I will pick up one of those.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I have the Tab Pro 8.4 and the Tab S3 and while I love Samsungs phones and pretty much have all the flagships, their tablets are slow AF! The S3 screen is awesome with HDR10 and all that but man, lag city. If you want a decent screen and no lag, get an ipad pro. Yea, I hate apple with a passion, but the ipad is a great media consumption device.

jhansman

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2004
If you are willing to shell out that kind of $$, get it from a vendor who will accept returns. If you don't like it, you sure don't want to get stuck with it. I'm assuming you've been to Best Buy (or some such) and played with it; while the display models of these kinds of devices don't really mirror real-world use, at least your can get a sense of what kind of performance it and the Apple products offer, and if iOS is for you. I'd do a lot of homework before I laid out that much dough.

FWIW, I have Samsung's 7" Tab A 6, and while it's fine for reading and web browsing, anything else pretty much brings it to its knees. It's a budget tablet, so I didn't expect top-notch performance.