Should I get a Wii???

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Jeter4MVP
Hey. I like Shooters, racing, and sports games mostly, but anything that is good, I will play.

I also don't like Zelda games (the N64 or Gamecube one at least)

And stuff like rayman wacky wild adventure and Super Monkey ball are not stuff I would be interested in cause I am 20.

I would probably get Excite Truck and Red steel if I got the system, but what other games are coming out soon besides those 2? cause I looked at the release date list and it looked very scarce, but it might not be up to date. what new games are coming out in the next 6 months or so?

Edit- My little brother has Xbox 360. I live at college, but Im home a good amount so I can just play Xbox 360 there, so I am not gonna get that one and PS3 is too expensive for me

Oh you're 20 years old, eh? Well grandpa, I guess in your old age you've forgotten how to have fun. My 25 year old wife and I love Rayman, as do our friends who have played it (late 20s-early 30s).

Unless you meant that at 20 you're still a little immature, in which case I apologize.

If you're going to buy a Wii, don't get it yet. The shooters and racing games aren't very good yet, but I think the Wii remote is pretty well-suited for both genres so we'll see what comes out in the future. The only sports game that I can think of is Madden. The Wii Madden got the best reviews out of all of the Madden versions, but that really doesn't make a difference to most people. People who've always played Madden on PS2 will want to continue playing it on PS3, because their friends will have PS3s and so on and so forth.

So in summary, I don't really think the Wii is for you. I think you''ll just end up making a thread complaining about it being gimmicky and you'll return it within 2 weeks, so you might as well leave it in the store for someone who will actually enjoy it.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: randomlinh
I loved rayman. I guess because it was basically a mission for myself and a friend. that and she bought it so it was free entertainment :) we beat it yesterday. probably a total of 7-8hrs over two wii days.. heh.

Now you have to do score mode and try to unlock the bonuses :)