• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Should government have control over internet in an emergency ?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Jaskalas
Originally posted by: blackangst1
AT&T already splits all traffic on their network over to government computers for processing.
No, they dont.
AT&T gave feds access to all Web, phone traffic. Perhaps you have an issue with the semantics of my statement, in which case I'll refer to you the link instead.
This has nothing to do with this thread....
Your using material that is dated and at present time is false.
Just because AT&T did it once doesn`t mean they are currently doing it....so why lie??

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: seemingly random
Some of the posts here infer that there is no monitoring as we 'speak'. This is a fallacy.
can you prove there is monoitoring on the scale Jakalass would have us believe?

Sure there will always be some sort of monitoring for whatever reason....but I would contend if there was monitoring that it has a purpose and possibly even authorized by the proper authorites..

frostedflakes

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2005
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda
Originally posted by: blackangst1
AT&T already splits all traffic on their network over to government computers for processing.
No, they dont.
AT&T gave feds access to all Web, phone traffic. Perhaps you have an issue with the semantics of my statement, in which case I'll refer to you the link instead.
This has nothing to do with this thread....
Your using material that is dated and at present time is false.
Just because AT&T did it once doesn`t mean they are currently doing it....so why lie??
You seriously don't think this is still going on? :confused:

This is a current and relevant issue, EFF, ACLU, etc. are still fighting this in the courts.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: AreaCode707
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Not control! Anything but CONTROL. I was murdered by my parents when they had total control. Please oh please, anything but control. I can never trust anybody again. The more control I feel in my life, the more I start to remember. I can't allow that. Revolution and Apocalypse before control. Chaos and disaster.......
Parents: human beings who are (usually) biologically and socially driven to provide the very best for their offspring, with whom they have formed deep personal bonds and whose life and circumstances they observe daily.
Government: dysfunctional body of mostly white, older men who have their own best interest at heart and make all sweeping decisions with limited visibility and understanding and have their decisions applied impersonally with little or no consideration for circumstance

I see a bit of a difference. :)
You have ordinary knowledge of things and that is the common program. What you can't do is feel and remember that what I said is a total different reality, not what you think and have been taught to say, but what you actually feel. I know you do not know what you feel but you don't know that. To know what you feel is more difficult than you can possibly imagine. We destroy our children by making them conform so they won't be destroyed. We destroy them because they are perfect mirrors. They are everything we hate about ourselves. We will not let them tell us that we were always perfect.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Not control! Anything but CONTROL. I was murdered by my parents when they had total control. Please oh please, anything but control. I can never trust anybody again. The more control I feel in my life, the more I start to remember. I can't allow that. Revolution and Apocalypse before control. Chaos and disaster.......
If government governed as well as my parents parented, we probably wouldn't have a P&N forum.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Given their modus operandi, agenda and proven track record I'm surprized Cheney didn't get Bush to do it while they were in power.

Personally? No Way, No How. But as the former adminstration proved, they could do just about anything they wanted and get away with it for as long as they needed to, and their supporters would wholeheartedly approve as they did back then.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: bamacre
If government governed as well as my parents parented, we probably wouldn't have a P&N forum.
Well, the fact that the gov is orders of magnitude better than your parents doesn't mean that because we aren't extinct already doesn't mean we won't become so eventually. Enjoy posting here while you can.

ASK THE COMMUNITY