Should Bush be tried for War Crimes?

tec699

Banned
Dec 19, 2002
Hmm..

Invaded a country without just cause
Killed thousands of inocent Iraqi citizens. (That pic of the dead Iraqi baby makes me sick to my stomach.)
Outright lies to the American public.
Bush is very unstable and he could do more harm then Saddam ever did.

Well? :|

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Only if former Presidents Johnson and Nixon are also tried in absentia for similar (read: far worse) transgressions. While we are at it, haul Robert "Bodycount Bob" McNamara's ass up on the stand too.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
There were four criteria under which defendents were tried as war criminals after WWII:

- Conspiracy to wage aggressive war
- Waging aggressive war
- War crimes
- Crimes against humanity

Of which is Bush guilty?

(dammit, Fusetalk)

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Orsorum
There were four criteria under which defendents were tried as war criminals after WWII:

- Waging aggressive war
- War crimes

Of which is Bush guilty?

(dammit, Fusetalk)

1 and 2, Bush could be tried but I'm not so sure if he would be convicted because all this was very much so in the gray zone from the begining

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Czar
Originally posted by: Orsorum

- Waging aggressive war
- War crimes

Of which is Bush guilty?

(dammit, Fusetalk)

1 and 2, Bush could be tried but I'm not so sure if he would be convicted because all this was very much so in the gray zone from the begining

Was the war against Iraq an aggressive war?

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
In my opinion, Bush could not (and should not) be tried for either Crimes Against Humanity or War Crimes; there is little factual basis for any of these claims as of yet. The first two criteria are more plausible.

Continue.

buckmasterson

Oct 12, 2002
The verdict will come across in early November. I think he's guilty of #1. He war was proven baseless by the UN before it even started.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Who would try him and where? :)

Don't worry, it ain't gonna' happen.

I'd love to see him lose the election, but even that is remote at this point. With Rice and Powell destroying what little credibility they have in the U.S. and abroad defending Bush's policies, and Cheney in hiding, the American people will be too confused to make the right choice.

-Robert

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001

OP= another Bush troller
rolleye.gif

pretty smart with that 20/20 hindsight :disgust:

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: tec699
Hmm..

Depends what you consider, just cause. He supported terrorism.

Hmm..
Killed thousands of inocent Iraqi citizens. (That pic of the dead Iraqi baby makes me sick to my stomach.)

Saddam has kiled hundreds of thousands, on purpose! Bush on the other hand, hasn't.

Hmm..

Name one president who doesn't lie.

Hmm..

I could do more harm than anyone else in the world too!

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Hmm..

Well? :|

Well, I think you should go to Iraq and personally inspect the hundreds of mass graves, Wait, dead babies make you sick, you better not. Would you like to be the one to review the rape tapes or try to glean some DNA off one of the wood chippers?

Willing to bet you are young, if not, you are just plain ignorant.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
"While we are at it, haul Robert "Bodycount Bob" McNamara's ass up on the stand too. "

I am pretty sure you cannot force a corpse to testify, or that he would say much even if you could.... ;)

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: Alistar7
"While we are at it, haul Robert "Bodycount Bob" McNamara's ass up on the stand too. "

I am pretty sure you cannot force a corpse to testify, or that he would say much even if you could.... ;)
Old "Bodycount Bob" is still kickin'

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
My bad, thought he passed soon after his "yeah I lied and a ton died" book, I might have to stop believing in Karma......