Should a white supremacist child-murderer be worthy of the death penalty?

Should this guy be put to death for what he did?

• Yes

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
https://kfor.com/2014/01/10/white-supremacist-convicted-murderer-wants-death-sentence-changed/

This guy murdered a family of 3 including an 8 year old girl in service to the goal of establishing a white ethno-state. William Barr thinks it is just that he die for this, and I'm inclined to agree. Is the man's guilt substantially in doubt?

Democrats like Ilhan Omar, Elizabeth Warren, and Bernie Sanders (among others) think otherwise.

If you (1) can't blame racism or some other prejudicial animosity nor (2) validly claim that he's not guilty, then on what basis should this man be permitted to keep his life after depriving an 8 year old girl and her parents of theirs?

I don't say that Omar and Warren are specifically defending this man, but rather that I don't understand a carte blanche ban on capital punishment. Some crimes are sufficiently heinous as to justly merit it.

Reactions: evident

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
The question is not, "Does this person deserve death?", it is rather , "Do we entrust the state with the power to take a person's life?" The answer to the latter question is, "no." In a world of perfect laws, perfect prosecutors, perfect evidence, and perfect juries, the answer is still, "no". We should not entrust the state with such power, period.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Progressives are happy to punch a Nazi but when coming across actual murdering racists like Dylan Roof (shot up a black church) or Timothy McVeigh, then they get all misty eyed about how they deserve to live and how "that's a worse fate than death" for them.

Thankfully we fought WW2 when progressives were better men, else they'd have let Hitler just have Europe.

Reactions: Atreus21

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Progressives are happy to punch a Nazi but when coming across actual murdering racists like Dylan Roof (shot up a black church) or Timothy McVeigh, then they get all misty eyed about how they deserve to live and how "that's a worse fate than death" for them.

Thankfully we fought WW2 when progressives were better men, else they'd have let Hitler just have Europe.
Fuck off, fascist.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

Surely even someone of your dazzling intellect can discern a difference between punching someone and killing them?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
You can't pick and choose your convictions because of single examples that don't represent the whole.

...oh wait, you can because you are a dishonest evangelical conservative asshole.

nevermind, then. Maintaining honesty with your principles was never your strong suit, lol.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

There's a difference between saying somebody "doesn't deserve to live" and killing somebody.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
https://kfor.com/2014/01/10/white-supremacist-convicted-murderer-wants-death-sentence-changed/

This guy murdered a family of 3 including an 8 year old girl in service to the goal of establishing a white ethno-state. William Barr thinks it is just that he die for this, and I'm inclined to agree. Is the man's guilt substantially in doubt?

Democrats like Ilhan Omar, Elizabeth Warren, and Bernie Sanders (among others) think otherwise.

If you (1) can't blame racism or some other prejudicial animosity nor (2) validly claim that he's not guilty, then on what basis should this man be permitted to keep his life after depriving an 8 year old girl and her parents of theirs?

I don't say that Omar and Warren are specifically defending this man, but rather that I don't understand a carte blanche ban on capital punishment. Some crimes are sufficiently heinous as to justly merit it.
The problem is that you make decisions based on emotion instead of your brain. This is also why you think it is morally imperative to stop abortions and okay to use corporal punishment on children.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Funny how you don't understand that you would have been the very quisling turning away the Jews escaping Germany and Poland trying to seek asylum in the USA, attending proud, honest Nazi rallies with Henry Ford and other proud American Nazis of the day. Funny that you don't understand how your very attitude on these forums paints you to be that very same thing.

Reactions: Meghan54

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The question is not, "Does this person deserve death?", it is rather , "Do we entrust the state with the power to take a person's life?" The answer to the latter question is, "no." In a world of perfect laws, perfect prosecutors, perfect evidence, and perfect juries, the answer is still, "no". We should not entrust the state with such power, period.

exactly. dishonest people with zero principles have no chance at understanding these complex issues. They never will.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It's funny how, instead of the common morality of most mature, modern humans that dictates: "better a guilty man go free than a single innocent be killed," the conservatives of our era believe: "better that many innocent men be killed than one criminal not be murdered."

That is literally how conservatives think. I still have no clue why they don't mass-migrate to that shithole Saudi Arabia where they would obviously much prefer to live.

Reactions: jman19 and Meghan54

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008

This is the party of Christianity folks. Both the republicans and Christians proving once again they are a bunch of fucking hypocrites.

Nov 8, 2012
My vote: Whatever is the least costly. The fact that it is so costly to put someone to death tells me were doing it wrong.

These are people that aren't simply worth breathing our air or being around common humans.

Life in prison is ultimately fucking stupid. What is the purpose of living when you must live within those confines? It's absolutely silly.

Reactions: soulcougher73
Nov 8, 2012
It's funny how, instead of the common morality of most mature, modern humans that dictates: "better a guilty man go free than a single innocent be killed," the conservatives of our era believe: "better that many innocent men be killed than one criminal not be murdered."

That is literally how conservatives think. I still have no clue why they don't mass-migrate to that shithole Saudi Arabia where they would obviously much prefer to live.

Guilty vs. Not guilty is an entirely different subject. The question ultimately boils down to if you support the death penalty... Not "Do you support the death penalty if you are SUPER DUPER DUPER ULTRA EXTRA SURE they are guilty"

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002

The only danger of going the progressive solution is to have people who are white nationalists like Trump pardon Dylan Roof.

Reactions: nickqt

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
"Some people" are jealous that such shithole countries are beating us at the whole killing thing after we were disqualified from using all the killing we do overseas.

_103835895_executions_by_country-nc.png

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Along with open carry this is the one thing that puts me over into team shits side... But I'm very pro choice so there's say conflict... That said, the fact that he is blah blah blah and victims are blah blah blah doesn't factor into it for me nor should it for anyone. This shouldn't ever be a race issue. Just O2 thief issues... Not all killers are O2 thiefs btw... My opinion man.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005

Only spanner in the works I see is what happens if someone is wrongfully convicted and then sentenced to death?
Wrongful convictions do happen.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Guilty vs. Not guilty is an entirely different subject. The question ultimately boils down to if you support the death penalty... Not "Do you support the death penalty if you are SUPER DUPER DUPER ULTRA EXTRA SURE they are guilty"

no, you are incorrect. In fact, the entire validity of the death penalty is couched in whether or not you believe the state can be trusted to do it. That is exactly the point. Further, for the millenia that various civilizations and eras have enacted the death penalty, it has shown to have been of no deterrence whatsoever, yet, this is the fundamental argument that bloodthisrty statists that support this nonsense like to make.

lol, you're another one of those nutters: "State can't be trusted with my taxes but they sure as shit can be trusted with my life!" Herp-a-uh, a-derp...ah derp. ...as you say, correct?

Last edited:

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I'm more in favor of being sure we don't execute the innocent than kill the guilty, so in general I'm against capital punishment. I also feel that the way it is used in the United States makes it not a deterrent, so again, a strike against it. And the Libertarian in me isn't crazy about the government having the right to take citizen's lives.

But, then again, it is hard to shed a tear for some of these people, when I read the things they've done I can't help but not care if they're forcibly kicked out of existence. It is a tough one for me to decide on, but I think I'm more against it than for it.

PS: Bernie Sanders and some of the kooks here think this guy should be able to vote. Democrats, the party of protecting convicted terrorists and child murderer's voting rights.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
If you can't guarantee no innocent person is ever convicted then no. It's never the answer.

To this I am also conflicted and that's why I don't feel it should ever be absolute... When it's someone who has killed children and has freely admitted it and would do it again if they ever breathed free air again... That's where the line in the sand gets pretty hard to spot or care about any longer for me... Perhaps it's from seeing so many children who have been murdered during my career...