Shoud I wait to get an iPod?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Someone wanna update those of us who are out of the loop on this whole IPOD battery issue ?

dartworth

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Jeff7181
Originally posted by: Soybomb
I'm so tired of the battery thing, the battery is $50, damn get over it and its probably going to last you for about 3 years.

The ipods great, I love mine, I'll be surprised if the minis are more than rumors though.

So now we're making excuses for a company to charge more for an inferior product with faulty componants? Wow. Hail Apple... they've douped consumers once again, and the consumers like it!

right...
rolleye.gif

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
Originally posted by: mpitts
I'm so tired of the battery thing, the battery is $50, damn get over it and its probably going to last you for about 3 years.

The ipods great, I love mine, I'll be surprised if the minis are more than rumors though.

So now we're making excuses for a company to charge more for an inferior product with faulty componants? Wow. Hail Apple... they've douped consumers once again, and the consumers like it!

Explain how their product is "inferior".

Less storage space per dollar, less hours per charge, less charges per battery.

*EDIT* Oh, and of course, a non-user replaceable battery.

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
Originally posted by: rh71
Someone wanna update those of us who are out of the loop on this whole IPOD battery issue ?

The battery in iPod's doesn't last long, and it's not easily replaceable. Apple recommends you send it back to them and pay them $100 to replace it for you.

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
Originally posted by: dartworth

right...
rolleye.gif

Hey, if you're gonna pay out the ass for a product, do you really want to be spending $50 every couple years on a new battery for it???

dartworth

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001

right...
rolleye.gif

Hey, if you're gonna pay out the ass for a product, do you really want to be spending $50 every couple years on a new battery for it???

I have an iPod and I love it.

Bitch, whine do what ya what...Your still not getting my iPod.

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
i think i dropped the "iTunes" word enough. i think she's gonna get me one. ooooh 40 gig.

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002

right...
rolleye.gif

I have an iPod and I love it.

Bitch, whine do what ya what...Your still not getting my iPod.

I wouldn't take it unless you gave it to me for free... and... if I really have to say it again...

Your = posessive form of you
You're = contraction for you are

kalster

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
is the battery proven to be weak? or something that dies?

i dont know, if after 2-3 years of using my ipod battery dies, i am not really complaining, having said that, i havent really seen any mention of the battery in any review of Ipod so far

PowerMacG5

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2002
Originally posted by: rh71

The battery in iPod's doesn't last long, and it's not easily replaceable. Apple recommends you send it back to them and pay them $100 to replace it for you.
The battery does last fine. It has the life expectancy of any other LiIon polymer battery. That stupid video on the internet (you know which one I am talking about), is a complete falsity. As long as the battery isn't abused (deep cycling it over and over again), then it should last a good few years. There are Generation 1 and 2 iPods that are over a year and a half to two years old that are going on strong.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: kalster
is the battery proven to be weak? or something that dies?

i dont know, if after 2-3 years of using my ipod battery dies, i am not really complaining, having said that, i havent really seen any mention of the battery in any review of Ipod so far

IBook, IPod Users Plot Lawsuits :)

kalster

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
Originally posted by: Zim Hosein
Originally posted by: kalster is the battery proven to be weak? or something that dies? i dont know, if after 2-3 years of using my ipod battery dies, i am not really complaining, having said that, i havent really seen any mention of the battery in any review of Ipod so far
IBook, IPod Users Plot Lawsuits :)

cheers Zim :beer:

thanks for telling me 6 months after i bought it :Q

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000

#1 - Less storage space per dollar doesn't make it inferior

#2 - less hours per charge and less charges per battery compared to what product?

Dunbar

Platinum Member
Feb 19, 2001
Why is everybody hatin on the Ipod? Get over it people, 2-3 years out of a rechargeable battery is a lot (witness cellphones, laptops etc.)

xEDIT409

Banned
May 17, 2003
Mann... I'm so happy I waited. Cuz now, they replaced they 10 gigger with a 5... so now, i have 15 extra gigs at no extra cost!!!! :D :D :D

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002

compared to what? all its competitors make space sacrifices to hold more space or have more battery life. not to mention the competitions inferior build quality/interface.