Shoud I wait to get an iPod?

xEDIT409

Banned
May 17, 2003
Should I wait to get my iPod until the that MacWorld expo thingy is over with?

JIC they bring up perhaps 4th gens or maybe improved battery life...

ReiAyanami

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2002
they say they gonna have $100 ipods soon, but if it uses proprietary battery, screw dat

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
I'm so tired of the battery thing, the battery is $50, damn get over it and its probably going to last you for about 3 years.

The ipods great, I love mine, I'll be surprised if the minis are more than rumors though.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: Soybomb
I'm so tired of the battery thing, the battery is $50, damn get over it and its probably going to last you for about 3 years.

The ipods great, I love mine, I'll be surprised if the minis are more than rumors though.

Soybomb, considering that the iPod hasn't been out for 3 years, I'd be worried.

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Zim Hosein

And so what if it hasn't, the rating is for a number of charge cycles, not years.

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003

How about owning one before yapping?

ReiAyanami

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2002
if u use standard batteries, u wouldn't have to worry about running out of battery because u'd have fully spares. whereas the ipod u'd have to dock it and charge it fully all the time to get max battery life when u go on a trip

a pair of 1900mAh's go for $4 tops

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: lager

WTF is your issue coldcut? :confused:

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001

Yeah, what's your issue, coldcut? :evil:

xEDIT409

Banned
May 17, 2003
I really want to get my iPod soon... but nothing would piss me off more if I get it and then at the little expo thingy, they announce the rumored improved battery life or 4th Gens...

btw... dont care much for the minis..

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Originally posted by: HappyPuppy

Yeah, what's your issue, coldcut? :evil:

STFU coldcut! Stupid n00b! :evil::frown:

PowerMacG5

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Howard
The strange thing is, coldcut hasn't posted in this thread at all.
lager = coldcut.

Also, i would wait until after MWSF. They will not be announcing the 4th Gen (still a few months off for that), but they may be reducing prices of the current lineup. I would wait. What's a few days?

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002

So now we're making excuses for a company to charge more for an inferior product with faulty componants? Wow. Hail Apple... they've douped consumers once again, and the consumers like it!

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Jeff7181

So now we're making excuses for a company to charge more for an inferior product with faulty componants? Wow. Hail Apple... they've douped consumers once again, and the consumers like it!

Explain how their product is "inferior".