Short 670s?

Eureka

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
So I recently got my Galaxy GTX 670, and on inspection the PCB is extremely short. They have the fake cooler to make it look like a massive card.

While it's too late for me now, I wonder where I can actually get a 670 that uses the minimum amount of space required. I know Zotac makes one but I can't find it, although my roommate has their short 660. Where do we find these short cards? I'd be in for one if I were to do it all over again.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011

Eureka

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
You can adapt an AIO cooler. See this post, though unfortunately that cooler is no longer on sale.

Good stuff, I've mused of doing that before, but it never seemed practical. These coolers go on sale often enough that I'm not worried about that. I don't know how effective that would be at cooling the VRMs/RAM.

In any case, the problem with using that is that it still has the bulk of using a radiator, but you just shift the volume elsewhere in the case. Where I see the small profile cards being useful is in cases like the prodigy or other mini-itx applications, where space is already limited.