Shoplifting a problem in San Francisco Walgreens.

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
It's huge problem around here, CCC or Coriceden cough and cold. My Oldest son is addicted to them, they are hard to get off of we have since found out. The kick in the nuts is that the Police can't do anything, the courts can't do anything, because it's all OTC medication.

For the older people out there, same as the Robitussum DM shit.

They can easily steal it, and only get in trouble if the store catches them and presses charges.

It is the reason I am having to raise my grandaughters.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
The criminal justice system needs to find a balance between the fantasies of conservatives to jail the poor, especially minorities, for every crime as much as possible, and letting people run roughshod over things like this.

Reactions: Red Squirrel

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
It's huge problem around here, CCC or Coriceden cough and cold. My Oldest son is addicted to them, they are hard to get off of we have since found out. The kick in the nuts is that the Police can't do anything, the courts can't do anything, because it's all OTC medication.

For the older people out there, same as the Robitussum DM shit.

They can easily steal it, and only get in trouble if the store catches them and presses charges.

It is the reason I am having to raise my grandaughters.
Apparently my whole town is out of Robitussin. I was in CVS on saturday and some dude came thru asking if they had any. There were all out. About 3/4 of it was sold and the last quarter was stolen.
The next day I'm at Dollar General and I swear the EXACT SAME GUY comes in asking about Robitussin. They also had none. Most of it sold, some of it stolen.

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
Apparently my whole town is out of Robitussin. I was in CVS on saturday and some dude came thru asking if they had any. There were all out. About 3/4 of it was sold and the last quarter was stolen.
The next day I'm at Dollar General and I swear the EXACT SAME GUY comes in asking about Robitussin. They also had none. Most of it sold, some of it stolen.
They call them triple c's , The Corocedin *sp? Cold and cough, has same ingredients. they take like 2 whole boxes at one time for the effect. Which is claimed to be halucinagenic *Sp? but pretty much makes them a zombie for 2-3 days then sleep for day or 2. Also has phsycological effects too. Not sure on physical dependence like opiates.

Sorry for butchered spelling, end of the night and on last drink.

I do know that the Robitussun is used to make a certain drink. Sizzurp IIRC.

But the triple c's need to be put behind the counter. Or even prescribed. After being a witness to the damage it can do to the person and the family. There have been reports of blindness on overdose.

Quick story, grandaughters parents, my son and his wife at the time. freaking out that they OD'd Or the female claiming she OD'd. And couldn't puke it up.
I threatened her with sticking her own hand down her throat and puking after forcing a bottle of water into her or I would do it myself.

Last 5 years have been pure hell.

Last edited:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
They actually closed a bunch of stores.

Now where will they get cheap toys and expensive generics?
I think that 90+% of the Walgreens in San Fran will still be open if they close those stores. They aren't closed yet, as I understand it, those 5-6 stores. Yeah, S.F. is a kind of dicey place. Too many homeless, too much crime. Beautiful city, and the mayor isn't in denial, they have a super high vax rate, got the pandemic in control, but no oasis of happiness. Very high cost of living. Um, go Giants!

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
I think that 90+% of the Walgreens in San Fran will still be open if they close those stores.

Actually -
The closures will bring to 22 the number of Walgreens stores closed in San Francisco in the past five years.
Roughly 50 will remain open once these next 5 are closed.

They are not closing due to OTC meds being used for illicit purposes - They are closing due to rampant theft and these folks selling the goods to some dude for 20% of retail and it ending up at the Swapmeet.

More on the rampant retail theft:

Reactions: FelixDeCat

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
San Francisco is so liberal they just let thieves roll in on a bike and roll right out.
They should have stolen his bike, and when he whines they should tell him to call the cops.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Haha listen to this guy. He has got a slick comment for everything.
Nice bro...

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

I have seen that video of the guy on a bicycle ripping off Walgreens many times on OTA TV news, for months.

More shocking was a dozen or so people rushing out of an S.F. Union Square retail store front door, running, carrying expensive handbags they'd gotten from broken display cases. Took them all about 10 seconds to all clear the door. They scattered to various vehicles. It was a planned affair, obviously. That was maybe 3-4 months ago, saw that a few times on OTA local news too.

Edit: Yeah! That's the 2nd video above linked in this post.

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Theft seems to be a global epidemic. Something needs to be done about it because the current system of giving them a slap on the wrist is not working. It's freaking horrible in my city. Been escalating fast in the past decade or so.

They need to start forcing thieves to do hard labour. Send them underground in the mines to do jobs that no one really wants to do, pay them minimum wage, and the money goes towards what they stole/broke. I'm sure the mines would have plenty of jobs for those people that the union workers don't really want to do or that are not important enough to pay full wage for. It needs to be bad enough that it acts as a deterrent so they don't just go steal again after.

Reactions: Captante and Muse

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
Actually -
The closures will bring to 22 the number of Walgreens stores closed in San Francisco in the past five years.
Roughly 50 will remain open once these next 5 are closed.

They are not closing due to OTC meds being used for illicit purposes - They are closing due to rampant theft and these folks selling the goods to some dude for 20% of retail and it ending up at the Swapmeet.

Yes this is a problem at our Dollar General stores too, they go in steal a ton of stuff then put it up on facebook yardsale sites. Sister in law just stopped one couple days ago. Had the woman hauled off by the police. Woman couldn't explain why she was stealing.

Reactions: brianmanahan

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Theft seems to be a global epidemic. Something needs to be done about it because the current system of giving them a slap on the wrist is not working. It's freaking horrible in my city. Been escalating fast in the past decade or so.

They need to start forcing thieves to do hard labour. Send them underground in the mines to do jobs that no one really wants to do, pay them minimum wage, and the money goes towards what they stole/broke. I'm sure the mines would have plenty of jobs for those people that the union workers don't really want to do or that are not important enough to pay full wage for. It needs to be bad enough that it acts as a deterrent so they don't just go steal again after.
The potential victim still has to invest in equipment to defend his equipment...cameras and lighting are a paywall.

Not gonna happen in these modern days, when the trend is even more "forgiveness" even though everyone can expunge records.