"She's Jerry Falwell with a pretty face."

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Here's a look into Sarah Palin's fundamentalist psyche according to a Baptist minister who has clashed with her several times.

http://www.salon.com/news/feat.../09/15/bess/index.html

Is this the kind of person you want possibly in charge of the US military and nuclear arsenal? She thinks she'll witness Armageddon during her lifetime and I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to force it, given the chance.

"I pushed her on the earth's creation, whether it was really less than 7,000 years old and whether dinosaurs and humans walked the earth at the same time. And she said yes, she'd seen images somewhere of dinosaur fossils with human footprints in them."

What she most probably saw were bipedal dinosaur tracks in chalky marl eroded by the Paluxy River near Glen Rose, Texas. I went with other ichnologists (experts on fossil footprints, tracks, trails and burrows) to that location during the early 80s. We saw NO HUMAN FOOTPRINT. We did see some dinosaur footprints that had also been altered by local 'entreprenors' to resemble human footprints -some of which were obviously works in progress - a practice that dates to around The Great Depression when they used this to attract tourists and sell some of those fakes to gullible creationists.

If I remember correctly, one trail showed where a man had supposedly had tried to run from a carnosaur (weren't these supposed to be friendly before Teh Flood?). Problem is, the way they had carved the big toes meant the dude or lady was running with his legs crossed.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=...sult&resnum=1&ct=title

http://www.ncseweb.org/resourc...humanquot_6_5_2001.asp
http://images.google.com/image...1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/paluxy.html

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Maybe the Creation Museum will become part of the National Park system ...

The Creation Museum presents a ?walk through history.? Designed by a former Universal Studios exhibit director, this state-of-the-art 70,000 square foot museum brings the pages of the Bible to life.

A fully engaging, sensory experience for guests. Murals and realistic scenery, computer-generated visual effects, over fifty exotic animals, life-sized people and dinosaur animatronics, and a special-effects theater complete with misty sea breezes and rumbling seats. These are just some of the impressive exhibits that everyone in your family will enjoy.

Prepare to Believe

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Whatever, her cabinet is going to be filled with totally awesome dudes that she went to high school with.

I don't see the problem.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
I would have said that could never happen. No way in hell the american people put a whack job like that in office. Then they elected Bush... twice. Now, looking at the mess he created I would be shocked if it happens again, but the reps have somehow managed to act like it wasnt thier congress and oval office pushing through thier policies that did it...

Todays GOP = Eddie Haskel.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The only nut job responsible for the bitch to nowhere is Traitor who sold his country's future for a vote. Only his footprints are all over this. Judgment to gambler with loons for the vote. What a piece of shit. How that worthless scum can get one vote is beyond me.

McSellout.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
The whole "pretty face" is really subjective and up for debate imo as well. I loves me a good cougar but I am just not seeing it with her.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Originally posted by: umbrella39
The whole "pretty face" is really subjective and up for debate imo as well. I loves me a good cougar but I am just not seeing it with her.

C'mon, man.

Do It For America's Future. Put your Country First.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: loki8481
so what has she done as governor of alaska to push her personal beliefs into law?

She's a loon. I don't want her in the White House. Hell, I don't want her anywhere near the White House.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: ayabe
Whatever, her cabinet is going to be filled with totally awesome dudes that she went to high school with.

I don't see the problem.
This.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
so what has she done as governor of alaska to push her personal beliefs into law?

She's a loon. I don't want her in the White House. Hell, I don't want her anywhere near the White House.

fortunately, there's no religion test to be president.

I think her beliefs are retarded and have no intention of voting for her, but if her history has proven that she has absolutely no inclination to legislate weird views on creationism into law, why should what she does in church on sunday come into play?

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005

I think her beliefs are retarded and have no intention of voting for her, but if her history has proven that she has absolutely no inclination to legislate weird views on creationism into law, why should what she does in church on sunday come into play?

Under Bush, scientific funding saw a decrease when accounting for inflation. Bush vetoed broadening stem cell legislation. With medical research funding reaching crisis levels, we don't need another backwards anti-science nutjob giving out $50M to 'faith-based initiatives' while ignoring medical and scientific research that has a slightly better chance at saving lives than praying.

http://news.medill.northwester...ago/news.aspx?id=83157
http://www.futurepundit.com/archives/002072.html

You think things would be different under Palin? Don't tell me there's no effect. When you put people in power who are hostile towards science, you are getting someone who is irrational, dogmatic, and a demonstrably poor thinker. This is not what you want as president, or one doddering heartbeat away.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: jonks
Under Bush, scientific funding saw a decrease when accounting for inflation. Bush vetoed broadening stem cell legislation. With medical research funding reaching crisis levels, we don't need another backwards anti-science nutjob giving out $50M to 'faith-based initiatives' while ignoring medical and scientific research that has a slightly better chance at saving lives than praying.

http://news.medill.northwester...ago/news.aspx?id=83157
http://www.futurepundit.com/archives/002072.html

You think things would be different under Palin? Don't tell me there's no effect. When you put people in power who are hostile towards science, you are getting someone who is irrational, dogmatic, and a demonstrably poor thinker. This is not what you want as president, or one doddering heartbeat away.

:thumbsup: x infinity

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005

Wrong.

Anyone who believes that God/god pretty much dictates every single thing in their lives, down to whether or not a mosquito bites him/her is automatically disqualified from any powerful position in this country.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Originally posted by: heyheybooboo
Originally posted by: umbrella39
C'mon, man.
Do It For America's Future. Put your Country First.
Is this the new "Close your eyes and think of England!"?

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003

She tried to ban books that offended her religious beliefs. And then there is this:

Another valley activist, Philip Munger, says that Palin also helped push the evangelical drive to take over the Mat-Su Borough school board. "She wanted to get people who believed in creationism on the board," said Munger, a music composer and teacher. "I bumped into her once after my band played at a graduation ceremony at the Assembly of God. I said, 'Sarah, how can you believe in creationism -- your father's a science teacher.' And she said, 'We don't have to agree on everything.'

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Pretty face, oh please - she looks like a man. Anyone who wants to hit that should start questioning their hetero credentials immediately.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Pretty face, oh please - she looks like a man. Anyone who wants to hit that should start questioning their hetero credentials immediately.
Pretty face, compared to Jerry Falwell. She passes that standard easily.

Buck Armstrong

Platinum Member
Dec 17, 2004
Did anybody actually read the article? The opposition is just another religious nutjob, but his zany ideas (homos are the new messiah) are different than Sarah's. There are plenty of valid reasons to criticize this lady without referring to a ridiculous contest over whos imaginary friend is the bestest.

If this former Baptist minister was a Republican, you'd all be calling him crazy...which he apparently is, by the way.