Sheriff David Clarke Jr. has resigned.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
One feature of the conservative brain defect is it's black and white nature, the inability to walk and chew gum at the same time. Fixing the ghettos is great advise, but it doesn't mean we can't at the same time work to fix the police. There is so much rationalization potential in a black and white point of view, you see it everywhere.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
One feature of the conservative brain defect is it's black and white nature, the inability to walk and chew gum at the same time. Fixing the ghettos is great advise, but it doesn't mean we can't at the same time work to fix the police. There is so much rationalization potential in a black and white point of view, you see it everywhere.

You don't fix ghettos with authoritarian ideas.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
His suggestion was that they should be fixed, he suggested nothing about how. His solution is to persecute the people who turn places into ghettos rather than look at why they do that and fix those attitudes with something other than fear of reprisal. Your point has no relevance. Ghettos are bad places to grow up and should be fixed. How is a separate question.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
So much hate and discontent in the Trump World. And then there's the Trump brand being synonymously paired with it all.

Guys like Clark, he's a perfect symbol of what Trump has branded himself and the party they represent.

This is a part of the legacy that he's leaving for historians to mull over and shake their heads at.These kinds of associations with the likes of Clark and Arpaio and the Nazis and supremacists that Trump has shown sympathy for, they're the ones that will be remembered and likened with whenever the name Trump comes up for discussion.

Trump will also be remembered for demanding things from a Congress that is of the same party that Trump supposedly is the titular head and "leader" of and never got. He will be remembered for demanding things from them that he can't produce by his own force of will. As with the health care repeal and replace debacle of which he provided absolutely nothing in the way of direction and substance, he's going to do the same thing with every other priority that's he set for himself: make demands while providing nothing in the way of persuasive leadership, initiative and the political savvy required to get things done and then blaming others for his own failures as a supposed leader of the free world.

And leave us not forget how unpopular his policy goals are. Taking away health care from millions in order to carve out tax breaks for himself and his fellow wealthy aristocrats out of a health care program that he and the Repub party is purposely sabotaging doesn't win popularity contests. Nor does reforming the tax system in order to reap even more wealth out of the gov't coffers for those very same wealthy folks that Trump is a leader of all while leaving crumbs for the middle class and the poor to pick and fight over.

Nov 25, 2013
He told reporters that he wanted to spend more time playing fake cowboy on his fake ranch.

And polishing his fake medals.

In case anyone is wondering:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-wears-actually-mean/?utm_term=.0865293dcd7f

imrs.php

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

That really is one of the more shocking aspects of people who feel like they do; these steaming piles of bullshit delivered without shame, without any semblance of integrity. I won't be surprised at all if he joins up with Dump and his fellow turds. Being black, he's a PR goldmine for someone who defends nazis and the KKK, let's face it.

The valor stealing asshole you see at the mall, the 24yrish O-6, in fatigues, wearing the Master EOD badge, a couple Silver stars, a Navy Cross, an Airman's Medal, 2 Purple Hearts, who is a Navy Master Diver and oh look an ROTC pin! That's the kind of fraud Clark is: the perfect kind of pick for King Bone Spur, who got more military training than the military at his private academy. It's like they're buddies already!

Nominee/appointee for something, or Clark will run for office maybe? Either way it could get nauseating. We'll see.

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Taking away health care from millions in order to carve out tax breaks for himself and his fellow wealthy aristocrats out of a health care program that he and the Repub party is purposely sabotaging doesn't win popularity contests. Nor does reforming the tax system in order to reap even more wealth out of the gov't coffers for those very same wealthy folks that Trump is a leader of all while leaving crumbs for the middle class and the poor to pick and fight over.

This should be fun. I love how the guy who knows absolutely fuck all about political workings, numbers and political history, and who won't really be doing anything besides his normal cheerleader gig, is going to be very disappointed in people if they don't make him happy on this. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Mitch the Turtle getting the chance to ignore Trump in a way that will make him even more furious and unstable. His degrading mental condition plus fascist tendancies is how this Dump gets flushed, hopefully.

Speaking of fascist crap, I like how this fool keeps showing people his real colors https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...rid_collaborative_1_na&utm_term=.33d758414281

Nice ethanol subsidies you got there, pity if something were to happen to them...

Last edited:

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017

Won't stop antifa from trying.

In reality, you can't fix ghettos, they are a result of the only system that works and if you remove that system you won't remove the ghetto, you'll turn your nation into a ghetto.

Liberalism allows you to have the rights to rise above, but it will do nothing for those who do not have that will. To provide the opportunity you need something more, equality and this is tricky because true equal opportunity cannot be had without time travel to erase history and put eveyryone on equal footing. As we don't have that opportunity, we need to work to make the future such that it's not needed.

I think you are with me.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

I've met lots of people with black and white thinking who aren't conservatives, or at least would not identify or vote as such.

And if I were ever dictator, the first thing I would do is massively restructure the criminal justice system basically with the exact opposite approach to Clarke. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to realize that grossly abusing the human rights of offenders does not help turn them into model citizens, especially when it is systemically rigged to massively disadvantage the poor, minorities, and the mentally ill. And most often it's the whole trifecta, and their crimes are direct consequences of this without the individual's conscious awareness of their act. I say dictator because I don't see this being possible through regular governmental process in my lifetime.

How anyone can be so simultaneously fragile that they project such hatred on the most vulnerable among us and so heinous to act upon it -- ouch. People who support these characters are wrong, but I can easily imagine it as a product of ignorance or at least something they couldn't actually do themselves.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
interchange: I've met lots of people with black and white thinking who aren't conservatives, or at least would not identify or vote as such.

M: I believe I am correct to say that according to modern neurological research into the brain differences of self reported liberals and conservatives, the scientific evidence and therefore the scientifically proven fact is that conservatives engage in black and white thinking more than liberals do. That the behavior is more typical in one group over the other, of course, means only that it is more typical, not unique only to that group.

i: And if I were ever dictator, the first thing I would do is massively restructure the criminal justice system basically with the exact opposite approach to Clarke. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to realize that grossly abusing the human rights of offenders does not help turn them into model citizens, especially when it is systemically rigged to massively disadvantage the poor, minorities, and the mentally ill. And most often it's the whole trifecta, and their crimes are direct consequences of this without the individual's conscious awareness of their act. I say dictator because I don't see this being possible through regular governmental process in my lifetime.

M: I see humanity as a sleeping machine, a mechanical entity, a giant amoeba flowing slowly this way and that lead hither and thither by unconscious processes of emotional feeding. But I also believe that one person can be as influential as ten, a hundred, or thousands if he or she is awake and knows where they are going. All we can do is try to pull in the right direction with our effectiveness a measure of our conscious awareness. You throw your pebbles in the pond of life not knowing what effect will come from the ripples. When I was a small child I had two toy . 's that I used to shoot cars Indians that drove down my street. I shot one and the driver slumped dead over the wheel. The effect of that was that I am sometimes present in the lives of children around me, aware of the world they see. My way of giving back, a ripple effect. It was such a very small thing but it was big to me.

Edit: It's a long game and there are major unconscious biases that hang on and fight back as they begin to break.

i: How anyone can be so simultaneously fragile that they project such hatred on the most vulnerable among us and so heinous to act upon it -- ouch.

M: I think you know my answer to that. Stockholm syndrome, conversion to the side that tortured them as children.

i: People who support these characters are wrong, but I can easily imagine it as a product of ignorance or at least something they couldn't actually do themselves.

M: I can't escape the feeling that I am also guilty. The world is dying before my eyes, as I see it, but I can't awaken from my sleep. I am a nobody.

Last edited:

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Congratulations, Milwaukee citizens. He did for you what you were collectively too stupid to do at the polls.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Won't stop antifa from trying.

In reality, you can't fix ghettos, they are a result of the only system that works and if you remove that system you won't remove the ghetto, you'll turn your nation into a ghetto.

Liberalism allows you to have the rights to rise above, but it will do nothing for those who do not have that will. To provide the opportunity you need something more, equality and this is tricky because true equal opportunity cannot be had without time travel to erase history and put eveyryone on equal footing. As we don't have that opportunity, we need to work to make the future such that it's not needed.

I think you are with me.

Social mobility must exist at a sufficient level to maintain the psychological underpinnings of the system. It's fast disappearing in America simply because of the way we've enabled greed at the top since the Reagan era.

Clarke? Buh-bye, you raving fascist nutbar-

Clarke has called for the suspension of habeas corpus in the United States in a December 2015 appearance on his radio program, where he asserted that there were "hundreds of thousands" or "maybe a million" people who "have pledged allegiance or are supporting ISIS, giving aid and comfort," and stated that "our commander in chief ought to utilize Article I, Section 9" to imprison them at the Guantanamo Bay detention camp "and hold them indefinitely under a suspension of habeas corpus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Clarke_(sheriff)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

lol. that's like one of those old Russian or North Korean "war heroes"/generals that show up at anniversary events littered with piles of fake medals.

lol:
north-korea.jpg

Honestly don't know if this one is legit, but there is an image floating around of one of these guys with multiple war medals that would span 100 years of different wars, can't find it though:
5a89a3787e9e1fd732977f64de99a87c.jpg

Only the best people, right?
article-2070779-064182F9000005DC-102_306x345.jpg

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Social mobility must exist at a sufficient level to maintain the psychological underpinnings of the system. It's fast disappearing in America simply because of the way we've enabled greed at the top since the Reagan era.

Clarke? Buh-bye, you raving fascist nutbar-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Clarke_(sheriff)

Forget his disregard for basic human rights for a minute. Guantanamo Bay currently has a few thousand people stationed at it, how was he going to fit a million extra people there?

This is not a smart man.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I wonder what position he will fill in the Trump administration...

No sooner said than done.."Secretary Arpaio? Your assistant has arrived."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sh...o-join-trump-administration-report/ar-AAr3RkB

Haha no shit no senate confirmation. With the amount of absolutely insane things he's said and done those hearings would turn into a feeding frenzy. It's the same reason why Joe Arpaio won't be secretary of anything, they won't want him to face the senate.

Jan 25, 2011
Trump sure does love the authoritarians with no regard for basic civil rights and constitutional law. Tell me again how much of a dictator Obama was.